Hello from a new member

  • Rachel Gugler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello everybody!

      I'm new to the SCA (sort of a given since this list is for SCA
      newcomers ;) ) Anyway, I haven't been able to attend a meeting since
      the last scheduled one was the same day as our family christmas. I'm
      in the Kingdom of Calontir at the Sire of Spinning Winds (Manhattan,
      KS) I would like a Celtic persona, but I'll wait and see what the
      average time period is at my SCA group. I am pretty good with a
      needle and thread and can do simple to moderate pattern drafting and
      I'm starting to make chain mail. I would like to try fighting,
      archery, and pretty much anything they have available. Brewing sounds
      fun, but I think it might be illegal since I'm only 17. They also
      have an Equestrian group that I would like to try, but I don't have
      my own horse, so I'm not sure I could join.

      Well, thats enough rambling for one post!

      Rachel