Re: Japanese Culture

  • giantfloatingcat
    Message 1 of 2565 , Sep 18, 2000
      6th century! That's quite early! What is the Bard
      life like in those days? I guess that's just barely
      after the sack of Rome?<br><br>I am just getting
      interested in the SCA and I have no idea "who I want to
      be"--I was asking about Japanese culture since I heard
      that there is a small but devoted segment of people in
      the SCA who have branched off and are 'doing Japan'
      to start the process of making the medieval world a
      little larger. Not that Europe and the British Isles
      aren't plenty interesting, but I think it's cool that
      someone is doing Eastern stuff too. I am in the Madison
      (Wisconsin) area, and I heard a rumor that there were some
      Japan-oriented people in this region, so I thought I'd put out
      my message and see if any of them said hello to me.
      Do you know any old timers I could
      email?<br><br>Iron Chef is a show on cable (the cooking channel) I
      have only seen it a few times at friends' places,
      since I don't have cable. It is somewhat difficult to
      describe, but if I were to attempt it, I'd say something
      like this... They pit great chefs against each other
      in cook-offs that are staged and shot a bit like
      martial arts gangster movies. The host is a flamboyant
      Japanese fellow who dresses and acts kind of like a
      villian from a James Bond film. It's very funny.
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003