Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 514 (confirm please)

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2003
      On Friday 12 December 2003 12:26, Broohaha@... wrote:
      > I am controlling the email that is sent to my inbox. By asking for you
      > to confirm that you really sent email to me I can ensure that I receive
      > no spam and that your email address really exists.
      >
      > This is a one time confirmation, please click the link below and your
      > email will be delivered straight away, now and in the future.

      I have responded to this message off-list.

      The message was sent by a challenge-response email service, of the type
      that is becoming popular as an anti-spam measure.

      In general, it is considered bad netiquette to subscribe to a list and
      not accept mail from that list, so I have (politely) asked this person to
      please add scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com manually to their list of accepted
      mail senders.

      If you are thinking about changing to a challenge-response email service,
      *please* take care to manually add your lists (all of them) to the service's
      "accept" list before you change over.

      A public service message from your friendly neighborhood list moderator.

      fesswise reversed sable.