Re: [SCA Newcomers] Brand new to SCA

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2003
      In a message dated 12/7/2003 8:58:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      >> Brand New to SCA
      I haven't even been to an event yet. Except for the onen heavy fighting
      practice.
      I have no idea how to get started>>

      The easiest way to get started is to tell us where you are located. Then we
      can give you contact information for your local group - which you may already
      have if you've been to a fighter practice. In any case, the person you want
      to hook up with is the Chatelaine or Hospitaler - same job, different names
      depending on the kingdom. This officer's job is to help newcomers get started
      with the SCA by assisting them with meeting people with similar interests,
      getting garb and equipment together, etc. Your kingdom or local group may or may
      not have a formal series of newcomer's classes which you can attend to learn
      more. Many events which have classes will also feature at least one class for
      newcomers, sometimes a whole track of them.
      The best way to get started is to jump in with both feet - really.

      Lancaster, PA