Re: hello!

  • celtk9equine
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      > Greetings, and well met!
      >
      > I am also in Atlantia; the Incipient Canton of Sudentur. We have
      been
      > in the SCA for one & half years or so. I had never sewn a darn
      thing
      > before I joined. I still can't sew a straight stitch, but I keep
      > trying!
      > I enjoy making attempts at garb, brewing, & cooking. I am also an
      > apprentice chirurgeon. My husband likes brewing, cooking, lucet &
      > thrown weapons. Our daughter hasn't been able to participate as
      much
      > this year between work & school. I have found the sca garb list to
      be
      > very helpfull-nice friendly folk too!
      >
      > Maryann
      > Miriam of Gidiehall

      I think Sudentur is right around the corner from us so to speak. We
      get our hay from a gentleman in Caroline Co. Nice to know another
      person we may encounter at local events!

      So happy to hear that I am not the only one who isn't so adept at
      garb making! Thankfully my primary persona wears relatively simple
      clothing (12th C Anglo-Norman). We're hoping to finally make it to
      Pennsic this coming year. Unfortunately couldn't go this year as
      hubby was called up to active duty early in March. Thankfully he's
      home now!!! Much too much sewing for me to do for a family of four
      by August...arrggh. I'll try the recommended link and book...if I
      can find it. When (if) I get better at sewing, I've a late period
      italian persona waiting in the wings to come out in full regalia (and
      rapier garb too!)

      ~ Ysolt
    • Alyna MacGregor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
        I managed to find you guys through the Thorngill site.
        Thorngill is my Shire's sponsor. :) I've been in a
        the SCA for less than a year, though I think my year
        is coming up soon. I'm still pretty new to it all,
        though. Hope to learn some neat things from y'all.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
          On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:21, Alyna MacGregor wrote:
          > I managed to find you guys through the Thorngill site.
          >  Thorngill is my Shire's sponsor. :)

          Being in an Incipient shire is *fun*! My lady and I were among the founders of
          the Marche of Alderford (http://alderford.org/), where we still play today. The
          shire just celebrated its tenth anniversary last year. Being part of building
          something brand-new is exciting -- enjoy!

          >  I've been in a
          > the SCA for less than a year, though I think my year
          > is coming up soon.  I'm still pretty new to it all,
          > though.  Hope to learn some neat things from y'all.

          Welcome to the SCA and to the newcomers' list!

          keys fesswise reversed sable.