re: hello!

  • Maryann
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Greetings, and well met!

      I am also in Atlantia; the Incipient Canton of Sudentur. We have been
      in the SCA for one & half years or so. I had never sewn a darn thing
      before I joined. I still can't sew a straight stitch, but I keep
      trying!
      I enjoy making attempts at garb, brewing, & cooking. I am also an
      apprentice chirurgeon. My husband likes brewing, cooking, lucet &
      thrown weapons. Our daughter hasn't been able to participate as much
      this year between work & school. I have found the sca garb list to be
      very helpfull-nice friendly folk too!

      Maryann
      Miriam of Gidiehall
    • celtk9equine
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        > Greetings, and well met!
        >
        > I am also in Atlantia; the Incipient Canton of Sudentur. We have
        been
        > in the SCA for one & half years or so. I had never sewn a darn
        thing
        > before I joined. I still can't sew a straight stitch, but I keep
        > trying!
        > I enjoy making attempts at garb, brewing, & cooking. I am also an
        > apprentice chirurgeon. My husband likes brewing, cooking, lucet &
        > thrown weapons. Our daughter hasn't been able to participate as
        much
        > this year between work & school. I have found the sca garb list to
        be
        > very helpfull-nice friendly folk too!
        >
        > Maryann
        > Miriam of Gidiehall

        I think Sudentur is right around the corner from us so to speak. We
        get our hay from a gentleman in Caroline Co. Nice to know another
        person we may encounter at local events!

        So happy to hear that I am not the only one who isn't so adept at
        garb making! Thankfully my primary persona wears relatively simple
        clothing (12th C Anglo-Norman). We're hoping to finally make it to
        Pennsic this coming year. Unfortunately couldn't go this year as
        hubby was called up to active duty early in March. Thankfully he's
        home now!!! Much too much sewing for me to do for a family of four
        by August...arrggh. I'll try the recommended link and book...if I
        can find it. When (if) I get better at sewing, I've a late period
        italian persona waiting in the wings to come out in full regalia (and
        rapier garb too!)

        ~ Ysolt
      • Alyna MacGregor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
          I managed to find you guys through the Thorngill site.
          Thorngill is my Shire's sponsor. :) I've been in a
          the SCA for less than a year, though I think my year
          is coming up soon. I'm still pretty new to it all,
          though. Hope to learn some neat things from y'all.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
            On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:21, Alyna MacGregor wrote:
            > I managed to find you guys through the Thorngill site.
            >  Thorngill is my Shire's sponsor. :)

            Being in an Incipient shire is *fun*! My lady and I were among the founders of
            the Marche of Alderford (http://alderford.org/), where we still play today. The
            shire just celebrated its tenth anniversary last year. Being part of building
            something brand-new is exciting -- enjoy!

            >  I've been in a
            > the SCA for less than a year, though I think my year
            > is coming up soon.  I'm still pretty new to it all,
            > though.  Hope to learn some neat things from y'all.

            Welcome to the SCA and to the newcomers' list!

            keys fesswise reversed sable.