Re: [SCA Newcomers] sca names

  • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 24, 2003
      That is how I am submitting my name as well Justin. For over a decade
      I've been refered to as Rhys Aiden Bifjord (Rhisse Aoden Byfeyord for
      pronunciation), I can document all three names back to my time period, but
      not the use of the three names. I could document it... but not for the
      900s. So I am registering Aiden Bifjord and everyone will just keep
      calling me Rhys anyhow... heck, I've had that first name for 19 years.
      Couldn't loose it if I wanted to. :)

      In Service,
      Lord Rhys Aiden Bifjord (took me 18 years but I got the AoA)

      > On Monday 24 November 2003 16:49, samain donntarbh wrote:
      > > One way to fix
      > > this, would be to register Donntarbh McLolair as Donntarbh McLolair,
      > > called Samhain. This may satisfy them.
      >
      > I'll go you one better. You don't have to register the "called Samhain"
      > part of your name at all.
      >
      > I am "Iustinos Tekton called Justin", but the "called Justin" part is not
      > submitted to the College of Heralds at all. They passed "Iustinos Tekton"
      > with very little hassle.
      >
      > Justin
      >
      > --
      > Gules, on a bezant a fleam sable, on a chief dovetailed Or, two keys
      > fesswise reversed sable.
      >
      > Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio) http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      > justin@... PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
      e-mail.