Re: [SCA Newcomers] Sorry...

  • Dufgall vinaldasson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
      GOOD! dont let it happen again!

      *SMILE* Just kidding...

      I dont know how many people i speak for, but IN MY
      OPINION, such a slip does not require an appology.

      You do so well of a job keeping out all the real spam
      that an occational slip is almost expected. after all
      no-one is perfect... LEAST of all, ME! *smile again*

      BUT, the warning about such spam messages is
      appreciated.

      Dufgall
      (mac)
      --- Caius Livius Varus Germanicus
      <eq_germanicus@...> wrote:
      > Looks like I let a [spam]message slip by.
      >
      > Generally, when a message comes in for moderation
      > (all new members
      > are moderated at first) if it is just a link to a
      > geocities webpage,
      > it contains a ton of pop-ups and potentially
      > spyware. I delete these
      > immediately and also ban the deliverer (these are
      > usually done by
      > bots so please excuse our autocratic endeavors in
      > banning spammers).
      >
      > I just did it again, but this time instead of
      > hitting "delete", I
      > accidentally hit "approve", which allowed this
      > message thru to
      > everyone. If you get a message with only a link to a
      > geocities
      > account, I reccomend deletion of the message.
      >
      > I try and keep the signal to noise ratio good around
      > here by pretty
      > much allowing any "conversation" even remotely
      > involving SCA and/
      > Newcomers to the organization and for the most part
      > don't edit
      > anything. I do however have to approve a ton of
      > messages and when
      > they are spam (pure spam, especially ones done by
      > bots, not
      > inadvertant messages by members) I try and make sure
      > nobody gets it.
      >
      > Sorry for letting one thru. Slip of the finger on
      > the ol mouse. I'm
      > sorry for any inconvenience.
      >
      > I now return you to your normal programming...
      >
      > Caius Livius Varus Germanicus, KSCA
      > ~AnTir~
      > (Moderator)

      =====
      Yours in Service,
      Dufgall, Son of Vinaldi,
      Principality of Gleann Abhann

      House Shadow Legion
      {sable, on a bend sinister argent three wolves courant sable}

      Clan of the Virtues
      {fieldless, on a bend sinister argent four ewes vert}

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree