Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb website

  • Bill Toscano
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 5 5:56 PM
      Sorcha posted:

      You have a great point there.

      I think the SCA has a pretty wide range of folks. I wouldn't want to guess
      at "average" education, but Scadians tend to be highly literate on a variety
      of levels.

      I was teasing Justin because he and I are both journalists.

      Liam
    • Dufgall vinaldasson
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 5 8:08 PM
        MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111

        Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!

        ummm... I couldnt help it...

        Dufgall the annoying
        --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:

        > >You must be a writer.
        > >
        > ><grin>
        >

        > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
        > mailing groups for a few
        > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
        > of vocabulary, correct
        > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
        > can tell you all are
        > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
        > of why we're all
        > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
        > assuming that people in SCA
        > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
        > vocabulary can also come
        > from a love of reading and learning.
        >
        > I love it here!
        >
        > Sorcha

        =====
        Yours in Service,
        Dufgall Vinaldasson
        Princepality of Gleann Abhann

        House Shadow Legion
        {Heraldic Terms to Come}

        Clan of the Virtues
        {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5 8:26 PM
          On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:46, Bill Toscano wrote:

          > You must be a writer.

          *Was* a writer. Well, okay. *Was* a journalist professionally, left that
          to go back into technical work full time. Ended up with an 18-month
          contract for monthly articles for a technical journal. I guess Someone
          or Something Up There is trying to tell me something. :-)

          So, I guess, "Yeah, I am."

          fesswise reversed sable.

        • snowbirdscreations
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 6 3:53 AM
            Justin,
            Thank you for letting me know my email page isn't working.
            I guess when I fixed another page, I missed that. Now my pants page
            has a bug. Ahhh the perils of web building. Some day I will get the
            hang of it.

            Deborah

            http://4th.com/sca/justin/
            > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
            http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
          • Dufgall vinaldasson
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 6 7:33 AM
              I do a bit of web-building if you need help... I'm
              cheap, too. ok... i work for nothing. and i dont need
              access to passwords. lemme know if you need help...I
              like to help...

              Mac
              --- snowbirdscreations <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 6 9:05 AM
                Mac,
                Thanks. I think I finally got it straightend out. iPower has too
                many places to put stuff & if the stuff is not in the correct place,
                it doesn't publish. (How do you like that for technicial?)
                Now I just need to figure out how to do drop down color selection
                buttons tied in with my PayPal buttons.....
                I am also open for any other suggestions.
                Deborah

                --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Dufgall vinaldasson

              • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 6 2:20 PM
                  Crunch SMASH! Crunch SMASH GOOD!

                  heh heh heh

                  > MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111
                  >
                  > Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!
                  >

                  > ummm... I couldnt help it...
                  >
                  > Dufgall the annoying
                  > --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > >You must be a writer.
                  > > >
                  > > ><grin>
                  > >

                  > > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
                  > > mailing groups for a few
                  > > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
                  > > of vocabulary, correct
                  > > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
                  > > can tell you all are
                  > > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
                  > > of why we're all
                  > > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
                  > > assuming that people in SCA
                  > > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
                  > > vocabulary can also come
                  > > from a love of reading and learning.
                  > >
                  > > I love it here!
                  > >
                  > > Sorcha
                  > >

                  > =====
                  > Yours in Service,
                  > Dufgall Vinaldasson
                  > Princepality of Gleann Abhann
                  >
                  > House Shadow Legion
                  > {Heraldic Terms to Come}
                  >
                  > Clan of the Virtues
                  > {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
                  e-mail.