Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb website

  • Sorcha
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
      At 02:46 PM 11/5/2003, Bill Toscano wrote:

      >You must be a writer.
      >
      ><grin>

      You know, I've only been in this and other SCA mailing groups for a few
      weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level of vocabulary, correct
      grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I can tell you all are
      lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point of why we're all
      interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also assuming that people in SCA
      tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great vocabulary can also come
      from a love of reading and learning.

      I love it here!

      Sorcha
    • Bill Toscano
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
        Sorcha posted:

        You have a great point there.

        I think the SCA has a pretty wide range of folks. I wouldn't want to guess
        at "average" education, but Scadians tend to be highly literate on a variety
        of levels.

        I was teasing Justin because he and I are both journalists.

        Liam
      • Dufgall vinaldasson
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
          MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111

          Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!

          ummm... I couldnt help it...

          Dufgall the annoying
          --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:

          > >You must be a writer.
          > >
          > ><grin>
          >

          > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
          > mailing groups for a few
          > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
          > of vocabulary, correct
          > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
          > can tell you all are
          > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
          > of why we're all
          > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
          > assuming that people in SCA
          > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
          > vocabulary can also come
          > from a love of reading and learning.
          >
          > I love it here!
          >
          > Sorcha

          =====
          Yours in Service,
          Dufgall Vinaldasson
          Princepality of Gleann Abhann

          House Shadow Legion
          {Heraldic Terms to Come}

          Clan of the Virtues
          {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
            On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:46, Bill Toscano wrote:

            > You must be a writer.

            *Was* a writer. Well, okay. *Was* a journalist professionally, left that
            to go back into technical work full time. Ended up with an 18-month
            contract for monthly articles for a technical journal. I guess Someone
            or Something Up There is trying to tell me something. :-)

            So, I guess, "Yeah, I am."

            fesswise reversed sable.

          • snowbirdscreations
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
              Justin,
              Thank you for letting me know my email page isn't working.
              I guess when I fixed another page, I missed that. Now my pants page
              has a bug. Ahhh the perils of web building. Some day I will get the
              hang of it.

              Deborah

              http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
              http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
            • Dufgall vinaldasson
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                I do a bit of web-building if you need help... I'm
                cheap, too. ok... i work for nothing. and i dont need
                access to passwords. lemme know if you need help...I
                like to help...

                Mac
                --- snowbirdscreations <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                  Mac,
                  Thanks. I think I finally got it straightend out. iPower has too
                  many places to put stuff & if the stuff is not in the correct place,
                  it doesn't publish. (How do you like that for technicial?)
                  Now I just need to figure out how to do drop down color selection
                  buttons tied in with my PayPal buttons.....
                  I am also open for any other suggestions.
                  Deborah

                  --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Dufgall vinaldasson

                • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                    Crunch SMASH! Crunch SMASH GOOD!

                    heh heh heh

                    > MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111
                    >
                    > Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!
                    >

                    > ummm... I couldnt help it...
                    >
                    > Dufgall the annoying
                    > --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > >You must be a writer.
                    > > >
                    > > ><grin>
                    > >

                    > > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
                    > > mailing groups for a few
                    > > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
                    > > of vocabulary, correct
                    > > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
                    > > can tell you all are
                    > > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
                    > > of why we're all
                    > > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
                    > > assuming that people in SCA
                    > > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
                    > > vocabulary can also come
                    > > from a love of reading and learning.
                    > >
                    > > I love it here!
                    > >
                    > > Sorcha
                    > >

                    > =====
                    > Yours in Service,
                    > Dufgall Vinaldasson
                    > Princepality of Gleann Abhann
                    >
                    > House Shadow Legion
                    > {Heraldic Terms to Come}
                    >
                    > Clan of the Virtues
                    > {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
                    e-mail.