Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb website

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
      On Wednesday 05 November 2003 12:02, Dufgall vinaldasson wrote:
      > I get everyones email addresses in the headers of my
      > emails... i just cannot directly reply to them. i have
      > to C&P

      Some show in the headers, and others are obfuscated. It depends on how the
      subscriber who sent the message has his or her privacy settings configured
      in the Yahoo account.

      fesswise reversed sable.

    • Bill Toscano
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003

        You must be a writer.

        <grin>
      • Sorcha
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
          At 02:46 PM 11/5/2003, Bill Toscano wrote:

          >You must be a writer.
          >
          ><grin>

          You know, I've only been in this and other SCA mailing groups for a few
          weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level of vocabulary, correct
          grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I can tell you all are
          lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point of why we're all
          interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also assuming that people in SCA
          tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great vocabulary can also come
          from a love of reading and learning.

          I love it here!

          Sorcha
        • Bill Toscano
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
            Sorcha posted:

            You have a great point there.

            I think the SCA has a pretty wide range of folks. I wouldn't want to guess
            at "average" education, but Scadians tend to be highly literate on a variety
            of levels.

            I was teasing Justin because he and I are both journalists.

            Liam
          • Dufgall vinaldasson
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
              MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111

              Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!

              ummm... I couldnt help it...

              Dufgall the annoying
              --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:

              > >You must be a writer.
              > >
              > ><grin>
              >

              > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
              > mailing groups for a few
              > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
              > of vocabulary, correct
              > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
              > can tell you all are
              > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
              > of why we're all
              > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
              > assuming that people in SCA
              > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
              > vocabulary can also come
              > from a love of reading and learning.
              >
              > I love it here!
              >
              > Sorcha

              =====
              Yours in Service,
              Dufgall Vinaldasson
              Princepality of Gleann Abhann

              House Shadow Legion
              {Heraldic Terms to Come}

              Clan of the Virtues
              {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

              http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
            • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:46, Bill Toscano wrote:

                > You must be a writer.

                *Was* a writer. Well, okay. *Was* a journalist professionally, left that
                to go back into technical work full time. Ended up with an 18-month
                contract for monthly articles for a technical journal. I guess Someone
                or Something Up There is trying to tell me something. :-)

                So, I guess, "Yeah, I am."

                fesswise reversed sable.

              • snowbirdscreations
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                  Justin,
                  Thank you for letting me know my email page isn't working.
                  I guess when I fixed another page, I missed that. Now my pants page
                  has a bug. Ahhh the perils of web building. Some day I will get the
                  hang of it.

                  Deborah

                  http://4th.com/sca/justin/
                  > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
                  http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
                • Dufgall vinaldasson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                    I do a bit of web-building if you need help... I'm
                    cheap, too. ok... i work for nothing. and i dont need
                    access to passwords. lemme know if you need help...I
                    like to help...

                    Mac
                    --- snowbirdscreations <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                      Mac,
                      Thanks. I think I finally got it straightend out. iPower has too
                      many places to put stuff & if the stuff is not in the correct place,
                      it doesn't publish. (How do you like that for technicial?)
                      Now I just need to figure out how to do drop down color selection
                      buttons tied in with my PayPal buttons.....
                      I am also open for any other suggestions.
                      Deborah

                      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Dufgall vinaldasson

                    • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                        Crunch SMASH! Crunch SMASH GOOD!

                        heh heh heh

                        > MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111
                        >
                        > Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!
                        >

                        > ummm... I couldnt help it...
                        >
                        > Dufgall the annoying
                        > --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > >You must be a writer.
                        > > >
                        > > ><grin>
                        > >

                        > > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
                        > > mailing groups for a few
                        > > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
                        > > of vocabulary, correct
                        > > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
                        > > can tell you all are
                        > > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
                        > > of why we're all
                        > > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
                        > > assuming that people in SCA
                        > > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
                        > > vocabulary can also come
                        > > from a love of reading and learning.
                        > >
                        > > I love it here!
                        > >
                        > > Sorcha
                        > >

                        > =====
                        > Yours in Service,
                        > Dufgall Vinaldasson
                        > Princepality of Gleann Abhann
                        >
                        > House Shadow Legion
                        > {Heraldic Terms to Come}
                        >
                        > Clan of the Virtues
                        > {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
                        e-mail.