Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garb website

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
      On Wednesday 05 November 2003 08:29, Bill Toscano wrote:
      > For what it's worth.
      >
      > There is a way to directly e-mail folks through Yahoogroups.
      >
      > From the scanewcomers page, hit members, and it will bring up a list, with
      > e-mail addresses.

      Ahhh, yes. I had forgotten about that feature. Thanks for the reminder.

      fesswise reversed sable.

    • Dufgall vinaldasson
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
        I get everyones email addresses in the headers of my
        emails... i just cannot directly reply to them. i have
        to C&P
        Mac
        --- Bill Toscano <billtoscano@...> wrote:
        > Justin (and others):
        >
        > For what it's worth.
        >
        > There is a way to directly e-mail folks through
        > Yahoogroups.
        >
        > From the scanewcomers page, hit members, and it will
        > bring up a list, with
        > e-mail addresses.
        >
        > Liam
        > Stuck home most of the week with pneumonia, so I
        > will be posting a lot.
        >
        > ;)

        =====
        Yours in Service,
        Dufgall Vinaldasson
        Princepality of Gleann Abhann

        House Shadow Legion
        {Heraldic Terms to Come}

        Clan of the Virtues
        {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
          On Wednesday 05 November 2003 12:02, Dufgall vinaldasson wrote:
          > I get everyones email addresses in the headers of my
          > emails... i just cannot directly reply to them. i have
          > to C&P

          Some show in the headers, and others are obfuscated. It depends on how the
          subscriber who sent the message has his or her privacy settings configured
          in the Yahoo account.

          fesswise reversed sable.

        • Bill Toscano
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003

            You must be a writer.

            <grin>
          • Sorcha
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
              At 02:46 PM 11/5/2003, Bill Toscano wrote:

              >You must be a writer.
              >
              ><grin>

              You know, I've only been in this and other SCA mailing groups for a few
              weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level of vocabulary, correct
              grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I can tell you all are
              lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point of why we're all
              interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also assuming that people in SCA
              tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great vocabulary can also come
              from a love of reading and learning.

              I love it here!

              Sorcha
            • Bill Toscano
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                Sorcha posted:

                You have a great point there.

                I think the SCA has a pretty wide range of folks. I wouldn't want to guess
                at "average" education, but Scadians tend to be highly literate on a variety
                of levels.

                I was teasing Justin because he and I are both journalists.

                Liam
              • Dufgall vinaldasson
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                  MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111

                  Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!

                  ummm... I couldnt help it...

                  Dufgall the annoying

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                    On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:46, Bill Toscano wrote:

                    > You must be a writer.

                    *Was* a writer. Well, okay. *Was* a journalist professionally, left that
                    to go back into technical work full time. Ended up with an 18-month
                    contract for monthly articles for a technical journal. I guess Someone
                    or Something Up There is trying to tell me something. :-)

                    So, I guess, "Yeah, I am."

                    fesswise reversed sable.

                  • snowbirdscreations
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                      Justin,
                      Thank you for letting me know my email page isn't working.
                      I guess when I fixed another page, I missed that. Now my pants page
                      has a bug. Ahhh the perils of web building. Some day I will get the
                      hang of it.

                      Deborah

                      http://4th.com/sca/justin/
                      > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
                      http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
                    • Dufgall vinaldasson
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                        I do a bit of web-building if you need help... I'm
                        cheap, too. ok... i work for nothing. and i dont need
                        access to passwords. lemme know if you need help...I
                        like to help...

                        Mac
                        --- snowbirdscreations <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                          Mac,
                          Thanks. I think I finally got it straightend out. iPower has too
                          many places to put stuff & if the stuff is not in the correct place,
                          it doesn't publish. (How do you like that for technicial?)
                          Now I just need to figure out how to do drop down color selection
                          buttons tied in with my PayPal buttons.....
                          I am also open for any other suggestions.
                          Deborah

                          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Dufgall vinaldasson

                        • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                            Crunch SMASH! Crunch SMASH GOOD!

                            heh heh heh

                            > MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111
                            >
                            > Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!
                            >

                            > ummm... I couldnt help it...
                            >
                            > Dufgall the annoying
                            > --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > >You must be a writer.
                            > > >
                            > > ><grin>
                            > >

                            > > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
                            > > mailing groups for a few
                            > > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
                            > > of vocabulary, correct
                            > > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
                            > > can tell you all are
                            > > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
                            > > of why we're all
                            > > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
                            > > assuming that people in SCA
                            > > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
                            > > vocabulary can also come
                            > > from a love of reading and learning.
                            > >
                            > > I love it here!
                            > >
                            > > Sorcha
                            > >

                            > =====
                            > Yours in Service,
                            > Dufgall Vinaldasson
                            > Princepality of Gleann Abhann
                            >
                            > House Shadow Legion
                            > {Heraldic Terms to Come}
                            >
                            > Clan of the Virtues
                            > {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
                            e-mail.