Garb website

  • snowbirdscreations
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
      Check out my website
      My line of clothing will be perfect for SCA, Pennsic, Renaissance
      Faires, Mardi Gras, Pirate, LOTR or Civil War events. Or any other
      reenactment or LARP event you may be involved in.
      Thanks
      Deborah
      www.snowbirdscreations.com
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
        On Tuesday 04 November 2003 09:48, snowbirdscreations wrote:
        > Check out my website
        > My line of clothing will be perfect for SCA, Pennsic, Renaissance
        > Faires, Mardi Gras, Pirate, LOTR or Civil War events. Or any other
        > reenactment or LARP event you may be involved in.
        > Thanks
        > Deborah
        > www.snowbirdscreations.com

        Good evening, Deborah

        In general, we don't usually encourage commercial postings on the list.
        I'll let this one slide, but in future please try to keep the list on
        topic. Thanks. (By the way, if someone on the list *asks* if anyone knows
        a merchant who sells garb, I'd say that it is perfectly okay to respond
        to that query.)

        I will mention, in passing, that there is at least one list that I know
        of that not only allows, but encourages, commercial posting. My server
        has a list called "commercial@..." that is specifically intended
        for SCA merchants and their prospective customers to contact one another.

        To subscribe, go to this URL:

        I'm not trying to plug that list to the exclusion of others; it just
        happens to be the one that I know how to find. I don't have any financial
        interest in the list; it's a freebie. Subscribers are all people who have
        specifically chosen to be on a list for commercial (SCA-related only)
        announcements.

        Justin
        List Moderator

        fesswise reversed sable.

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
          On Tuesday 04 November 2003 09:48, snowbirdscreations wrote:
          > Check out my website

          I did, actually. Your stuff looks pretty nice. I did note one thing you'll
          want to fix, though. The "Email" page, where you invite people to contact
          you with questions and so forth, doesn't seem to actually contain any
          email address. :-)

          I'm sorry to other list members for replying to the list with this, but
          Yahoo doesn't provide a direct address for members, so I can't contact
          Deborah off-list.

          fesswise reversed sable.

        • Bill Toscano
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
            Justin (and others):

            For what it's worth.

            There is a way to directly e-mail folks through Yahoogroups.

            From the scanewcomers page, hit members, and it will bring up a list, with
            e-mail addresses.

            Liam
            Stuck home most of the week with pneumonia, so I will be posting a lot.

            ;)
          • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
              On Wednesday 05 November 2003 08:29, Bill Toscano wrote:
              > For what it's worth.
              >
              > There is a way to directly e-mail folks through Yahoogroups.
              >
              > From the scanewcomers page, hit members, and it will bring up a list, with
              > e-mail addresses.

              Ahhh, yes. I had forgotten about that feature. Thanks for the reminder.

              fesswise reversed sable.

            • Dufgall vinaldasson
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                I get everyones email addresses in the headers of my
                emails... i just cannot directly reply to them. i have
                to C&P
                Mac
                --- Bill Toscano <billtoscano@...> wrote:
                > Justin (and others):
                >
                > For what it's worth.
                >
                > There is a way to directly e-mail folks through
                > Yahoogroups.
                >
                > From the scanewcomers page, hit members, and it will
                > bring up a list, with
                > e-mail addresses.
                >
                > Liam
                > Stuck home most of the week with pneumonia, so I
                > will be posting a lot.
                >
                > ;)

                =====
                Yours in Service,
                Dufgall Vinaldasson
                Princepality of Gleann Abhann

                House Shadow Legion
                {Heraldic Terms to Come}

                Clan of the Virtues
                {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
              • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                  On Wednesday 05 November 2003 12:02, Dufgall vinaldasson wrote:
                  > I get everyones email addresses in the headers of my
                  > emails... i just cannot directly reply to them. i have
                  > to C&P

                  Some show in the headers, and others are obfuscated. It depends on how the
                  subscriber who sent the message has his or her privacy settings configured
                  in the Yahoo account.

                  fesswise reversed sable.

                • Bill Toscano
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003

                    You must be a writer.

                    <grin>
                  • Sorcha
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                      At 02:46 PM 11/5/2003, Bill Toscano wrote:

                      >You must be a writer.
                      >
                      ><grin>

                      You know, I've only been in this and other SCA mailing groups for a few
                      weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level of vocabulary, correct
                      grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I can tell you all are
                      lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point of why we're all
                      interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also assuming that people in SCA
                      tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great vocabulary can also come
                      from a love of reading and learning.

                      I love it here!

                      Sorcha
                    • Bill Toscano
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                        Sorcha posted:

                        You have a great point there.

                        I think the SCA has a pretty wide range of folks. I wouldn't want to guess
                        at "average" education, but Scadians tend to be highly literate on a variety
                        of levels.

                        I was teasing Justin because he and I are both journalists.

                        Liam
                      • Dufgall vinaldasson
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                          MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111

                          Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!

                          ummm... I couldnt help it...

                          Dufgall the annoying

                          =====

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                            On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:46, Bill Toscano wrote:

                            > You must be a writer.

                            *Was* a writer. Well, okay. *Was* a journalist professionally, left that
                            to go back into technical work full time. Ended up with an 18-month
                            contract for monthly articles for a technical journal. I guess Someone
                            or Something Up There is trying to tell me something. :-)

                            So, I guess, "Yeah, I am."

                            fesswise reversed sable.

                          • snowbirdscreations
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                              Justin,
                              Thank you for letting me know my email page isn't working.
                              I guess when I fixed another page, I missed that. Now my pants page
                              has a bug. Ahhh the perils of web building. Some day I will get the
                              hang of it.

                              Deborah

                              http://4th.com/sca/justin/
                              > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
                              http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
                            • Dufgall vinaldasson
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                I do a bit of web-building if you need help... I'm
                                cheap, too. ok... i work for nothing. and i dont need
                                access to passwords. lemme know if you need help...I
                                like to help...

                                Mac
                                --- snowbirdscreations <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>

                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                  Mac,
                                  Thanks. I think I finally got it straightend out. iPower has too
                                  many places to put stuff & if the stuff is not in the correct place,
                                  it doesn't publish. (How do you like that for technicial?)
                                  Now I just need to figure out how to do drop down color selection
                                  buttons tied in with my PayPal buttons.....
                                  I am also open for any other suggestions.
                                  Deborah

                                  --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Dufgall vinaldasson

                                • RhysAB@nycap.rr.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                    Crunch SMASH! Crunch SMASH GOOD!

                                    heh heh heh

                                    > MWUAHAHAhahahAHAHAH!!!!!!1!!!111
                                    >
                                    > Dat Beez Wat Choo tinks!!!
                                    >

                                    > ummm... I couldnt help it...
                                    >
                                    > Dufgall the annoying
                                    > --- Sorcha <sorcha@...> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > >You must be a writer.
                                    > > >
                                    > > ><grin>
                                    > >

                                    > > You know, I've only been in this and other SCA
                                    > > mailing groups for a few
                                    > > weeks, but I'm very impressed with the overall level
                                    > > of vocabulary, correct
                                    > > grammar, and complexity of thought in most posts. I
                                    > > can tell you all are
                                    > > lifelong learners, which I guess is the whole point
                                    > > of why we're all
                                    > > interested in SCA in the first place. I'm also
                                    > > assuming that people in SCA
                                    > > tend to be pretty highly educated too, but great
                                    > > vocabulary can also come
                                    > > from a love of reading and learning.
                                    > >
                                    > > I love it here!
                                    > >
                                    > > Sorcha
                                    > >

                                    > =====
                                    > Yours in Service,
                                    > Dufgall Vinaldasson
                                    > Princepality of Gleann Abhann
                                    >
                                    > House Shadow Legion
                                    > {Heraldic Terms to Come}
                                    >
                                    > Clan of the Virtues
                                    > {Fieldless, Per Bend Sinister Argent, Four Ewe's Vert}

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    This message was sent using Road Runner's Web-based
                                    e-mail.