Re: Handbook?

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 2, 2003
      Glad to see you crop up again M'Lord Dylan!!! Long time no hear.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Ld. Dylan"
      <lddylanmacleod@y...> wrote:
      > I, too feel that the Knowne Worlde Handbook is well worth the
      > price! One can often find answers to obscure questions within the
      > bounty which it provides, as well as simply being VERY good reading
      > on a rainy afternoon. It can also spark ideas which might not
      > otherwise come to you. Go For It!
      >
      > Dylan
    • Tobin Richard
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 23, 2003
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Sorcha <sorcha@s...> wrote:
        > I was just wondering if it was worth buying the Knowne World Handbook
        for
        > $16. Will it help answer alot of the basic questions I (and any
        newcomer)
        > might have, like what is a Pennsic and how does one become a
        > Knight/Prince/King/Baron etc...?
        >
        > thanks-
        >
        > Sorcha

        I've only read a few sections of the Knowne World Handbook but I'd been
        in the SCA for a while before that and didn't find it to be all that
        impressive (not that I wouldn't buy a copy if one was going cheaply).

        There are some projects underway to create new/updated Knowne World
        Handbook type things. I think there is one in Lochac (Australia) but I
        haven't heard anything about it for a while.

        An online attempt at creating a Knowne World handbook type reference
        can be found at http://www.sca.org.au/cunnan/ (thats something of a
        plug since its a project I'm heavily involved in).

        Tobin Richard, Seneschal of the College of St. Monica, Webminister of
        the Canton of
        Krae Glas.