Re: [SCA Newcomers] Question on changing name "offically"

  • Dave & Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2003
      http://www.moonshadowstitchery.com/athenais/projects/handbook/a2a_name_form_lines.pdf
      Has the name submission form for Aretemisia. It's pretty much the same as for my kingdom so I am assuming that you can register your new name as a primary name and either reserve your old name as an alternate or include a letter releasing your old name so that someone else could register it. I am still pretty new at this but I believe what happens is when you register a new primary name is that your old name automatically becomes an alternate unless you release it. (Just for the record, Aretemisia seems to have left off the check box for 'change' which is right above 'change of holding name' but they are separte choices.

      http://www.artemisia.sca.org/heraldry.htm has all the forms and such you will need, as well as explinations of various things and you can find a Herald to talk to at
      http://www.artemisia.sca.org/regnum.htm#herald if you aren't sure who your local herald is.

      Gwenhyfar Stuart
      MidRealm.