Re: [SCA Newcomers] Starting a household

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      In a message dated 10/7/2003 8:30:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Dufgall vinaldasson said:
      >
      > What exactly are the requirements for starting a household? I mean, the
      > peers seem to make a big deal out of it and all, and I was just wondering... Can
      > anyone start a household, do you have to be a lord/lady or what?

      Tiberius responded:

      all you need is 5 paid members to start a household

      Tiberius, I think you may be confused between a local group (which is what
      requires the 5 paid members) and a household, which is an unofficial group who
      happens to like to do stuff together. Households can be based in a local area
      or not; my own household has most of it's members in the
      Pennsylvania/Delaware/New York/New Jersey area, but we have members who live as far afield as
      Australia and Europe.

      Since households are entirely unofficial as far as the SCA, Inc is concerned
      (they can't hold SCA money, they can't hold events under their own
      sponsorship, they don't have to report anything to anybody outside the household), there
      are no official rules for starting them. Anyone can start one and it can be
      organized along any lines you like.

      Brangwayna Morgan
      Shire of Silver Rylle (local group), East Kingdom
      Lancaster, PA
      Member of Clan Kyle (household)