Re: [SCA Newcomers] Starting a household

  • Dufgall vinaldasson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2003
      In Gleann Abhan, it's 5 people to be a college, 25 for
      a barony, and 10 for anything else.

      Dufgall

      --- Tirloch Ainmire O'Riordain <tirloch@...>

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • cascadia4@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2003
        I started a household with my friends. We really are now more adminstrative
        though, volunteering for duties when our Incipient College holds events, even
        volunteering in neighboring branches. Only one of us is currently a paid member
        (I will be joining him soon, so I can assume the office of Chronicler.)
        But, basicly, a household or clan is just a group of friends who wish to
        practice fighting together, or just do things as a group. You can have a rigid,
        structured household, or a loose, 'no one's in charge' thing. (this all holds
        true atleast in An Tir)
        Just be careful about titles!!!!! VERY CAREFUL!!! ( i.e., don't have a Master
        of the House, have a 'Head' or something, and for other offices, don't use
        master, use minister or something. (Master can be a very touchy thing, and can
        be taken as impersonating an awarded person).
        Hope this helps, i already see that alot of help has been given.

        In Service,
        Peter Marshal
        Chronicler-in-Training of Cranehaven
        Head of House Evergreen

      • Tiberius
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 7, 2003
          sorry was my tired mistake last night you need 5 members to start a shire or canton in a different Postal area