Re: " Vie-Vot "

  • merean
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
      And just to be picky, in case the question ever comes up, I've been
      told that in Latin the actual pronunciation is "Wee-wat." Now, if
      you say that out loud, it is pretty obvious why no one really speaks
      the word correctly. It sounds like little children using the
      bathroom. :)

      Mýrún in kyrra

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Vivat is the one used most often in Ansteorra, however, the current
      > Crown perfers the recognized variation of "Long Live" in their
      > presence, i.e. "Long Live The King", etc. Other Kingdom's use
      other
      > expressions.
      >
      > William
      >
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, naspiritwalker <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > To Whom It May Consern:
      > >
      > > regarding my experince here. At court the
      > >
      > > heralds often use a word which sounds like
      > >
      > > " Vie-Vot ". Could you please tell me what
      > >
      > > does " Vie-Vot " mean, what language
      > >
      > > does it come from, and how do you spell it.
      > >
      > > Thank you for your time,
      > >
      > > Lost And Confused
    • Anna von Silvenhain
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
        vivat = Singular, one person
        vivant = Plural, many persons

        off topic: vivamos = long live we all ;)

        Anna
        Two Seas

        =====
        Anna von Silvenhain