Re: " Vie-Vot "

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
      Vivat is the one used most often in Ansteorra, however, the current
      Crown perfers the recognized variation of "Long Live" in their
      presence, i.e. "Long Live The King", etc. Other Kingdom's use other
      expressions.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, naspiritwalker <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > To Whom It May Consern:
      >
      > regarding my experince here. At court the
      >
      > heralds often use a word which sounds like
      >
      > " Vie-Vot ". Could you please tell me what
      >
      > does " Vie-Vot " mean, what language
      >
      > does it come from, and how do you spell it.
      >
      > Thank you for your time,
      >
      > Lost And Confused
    • merean
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
        And just to be picky, in case the question ever comes up, I've been
        told that in Latin the actual pronunciation is "Wee-wat." Now, if
        you say that out loud, it is pretty obvious why no one really speaks
        the word correctly. It sounds like little children using the
        bathroom. :)

        Mýrún in kyrra

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Vivat is the one used most often in Ansteorra, however, the current
        > Crown perfers the recognized variation of "Long Live" in their
        > presence, i.e. "Long Live The King", etc. Other Kingdom's use
        other
        > expressions.
        >
        > William
        >
        > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, naspiritwalker <no_reply@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > To Whom It May Consern:
        > >
        > > regarding my experince here. At court the
        > >
        > > heralds often use a word which sounds like
        > >
        > > " Vie-Vot ". Could you please tell me what
        > >
        > > does " Vie-Vot " mean, what language
        > >
        > > does it come from, and how do you spell it.
        > >
        > > Thank you for your time,
        > >
        > > Lost And Confused
      • Anna von Silvenhain
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2003
          vivat = Singular, one person
          vivant = Plural, many persons

          off topic: vivamos = long live we all ;)

          Anna
          Two Seas

          =====
          Anna von Silvenhain