Re: [SCA Newcomers] " Vie-Vot "

  • Lady Brangwyne of Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2003
      Vivat! / Vivant!
      "May he or she live!" / "May they live!"
      This exclamation is often used to acclaim worthy gentles in court.
      "Vivat!" is the singular, and "Vivant!" is the plural.

      (copied from http://www.stolaf.edu/orgs/sca/stuff/latin.html)

      Lady Brangywne of Rosenfeld
      Kingdom of Ansteorra

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2003
        another thing to do, is when the Trimarans are doing their Viva Trimaris thing, after the third one, yell "BOOM!" real loud... I heard that it realy annoys them.

        What do you get when you bury 6 trimaran kings up to their necks in sand?
        More sand! (ebil Me!)

        Lady Brangwyne of Rosenfeld <brangwyne@...> wrote:

        Vivat! / Vivant!
        "May he or she live!" / "May they live!"
        This exclamation is often used to acclaim worthy gentles in court.
        "Vivat!" is the singular, and "Vivant!" is the plural.

        (copied from http://www.stolaf.edu/orgs/sca/stuff/latin.html)

        Lady Brangywne of Rosenfeld
        Kingdom of Ansteorra

      • chemistbb3
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
          I should have hunted you down last weekend at Three Queens so I could
          meet you. Will you be traveling south this month to any events?

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Lady Brangwyne of Rosenfeld"