Re: [SCA Newcomers] My first event

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      On Tuesday 30 September 2003 22:16, shannon meehan wrote:
      > I just wanted to say hello to the group and say that I experienced my first
      > event this weekend in Canton, TX

      "Oh, bother," said Pooh. "For a moment there, I thought she had come to *our*
      event, here in Canton....Ohio." Pooh heaved a mighty sigh. "And we even
      arranged a special gigantic rainstorm, just to impress her with how damp
      Ohio is in the autumn. But we did have delicious food! Speaking of which,
      where's my honey pot? Maybe we could lure her here by offering to share!"

      "Never mind," said Owl, "It seems that she found another Canton. Maybe she
      went to a group that is a canton in Canton. Perhaps, if she is very lucky,
      the Heralds of Canton's canton will teach her to cant. Unless, of course,
      they can't cant."

      Aw, heck, I'm glad you had a good time even if you didn't make it to the
      *right* Canton!

      [BIG GRIN]

      fesswise reversed sable.