Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: moors?

  • tonia ewell-thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27, 2003
      Greetings Jaida,
      Thank you for the 411. I belong to AL-Andulus and I will try the others.
      I like your name and persona. I am looking for info on the Cordova region and on the scholastic achievments of the time period. I am the daughter of a scholar/teacher.
      More later. I am under the weather today.
      In your service,
      Zakiyya bint Qabus Abd al-Wadood

      jaida_al_magribiyya <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      If you are interested in a Moorish persona, you might want to join one
      (or all!) of these groups:

      Middle Eastern Personas
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MiddleEasternPersonas

      There are also two others that have a ton of really good info, but not
      necessarily related to Spain:

      Turkish Personas Moderated
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Turkish_Personas_Moderated

      Some websites you might be interested in:

      http://witch.drak.net/lilinah/index.html A Wealth of information on
      al-Andalus

      http://users.lazerlink.com/~dwarph/al-musta'rib.html Newsletter on
      al-Andalus and al-Magrib

      I have MANY more! Let me know if you are looking for something in
      particular.

      YIS,

      Ja'ida al-Zarqa' bint Butrus al-Magribiyya
      (daugther of a Magrib horse and camel dealer in the 14th century!)

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "tonia_ewell_thomas"
      <tonia_ewell_thomas@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Does anyone have a persona that is from Medieval Spain? I am planing
      > on being a Moorish woman but am having trouble getting background
      > info and garb. I would apprieciate anyone's help.
      > Tonia

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT