Skip to search.

Samhain event site copy, November 1st 2003

  • Hrimvile Heidklak
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2003
      The most current up to date information can be found at the Barony of Three
      Mounts web site, I have included a link to go directly to the event page,
      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/events/Samhain.html

      but if you would like to visit our web site, use the following link.
      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/3m/

      Hrimvile of Clan Drakkar
      Web Minister Barony of Three Mountains
      Hrimvile@...

      Samhain: The Celtic New Year
      November 1st 2003
      Barony of Three Mountains

      The wheel of the year turns.  Come and welcome beginning of the Celtic new
      year and celebrate the harvest with a potluck feast.  Listen to performances
      from bards of renown, find your fortune for the coming year, and exchange
      fabric, trim, or garb.  As darkness falls, everyone will don masks woodland
      creatures or the fair folk, for the spirits will be watching, and you don't
      want them to take you back with them!  There will be a prize for the best
      adult and best child's mask or costume (mask and/or costume must be made by
      the adult or child wearer to be entered in the contest).

        During the day, Their Excellencies will hold an audience. Then you may
      begin the new year by exchanging fabric, trim, or garb that no longer suits
      your persona or has been shrunken by evil pixies.  Our chatelaine will also
      hold a sale of unclaimed lost and found items.

      The potluck will be a finger food potluck, just bring a plate or bowl and a
      goblet, glass, decanter, mug, cup or just something to hold liquid
      refreshment to drink.

      The potluck will have a harvest theme with potluck contributions according
      to modern last names:

      A-F desserts or sweets

      G-L meats or meaty-type snacks

      L-R fruits or vegetables

      S-Z  cheese, spreads, and nuts

      (the Barony will provide the main dish, apple cider, and bread).  Any
      questions, just contact the Autocrat: mkjoyce@...

        The site is discretely moist: no obvious consumption, period containers
      only, and empties must be removed by those who bring them.

      SITE INFO: Mt Hood Masonic Lodge, 527 SE 43rd St, Portland, OR, 97215.

      Gate opens at 2 PM; site closes at 10 PM.

      Site fee: Adults $6 for members with blue cards (must be shown at gate) or
      $9 without membership; children 5-12 $4, babes in arms and very small free.
      Proof of membership will be asked at the gate.  Make checks payable - SCA
      Inc., Barony of Three Mountains.

      AUTOCRAT: Lady Morwenna Pengrech, 503-235-2887, mkjoyce@...

      Supervising Autocrat and Bardocrat: Master Conchobar Clairseoir,
      conchobar@...

      Feastocrat: HL Shaelin.