Re: [SCA Newcomers] Greetings and, help please?

  • Dave & Megan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2003
      Thirdly, my father has done a geneology, and there is a crest that is
      for the Rongion family. The name has been changed to Runyon or
      Runyan in the US. Is it appropriate for me to use that crest?

      Specifically to this point. Unless you are the legal owner or heir to this crest, you don't have the heraldic right to display it. Regardless of what those shops in malls tell you it doesn't belong to the "family" it belongs to (a) specific person(s) within the family. You would be better off speaking with your local herald about creating a device of your own. Alternatively if you have some ideas and cannot contact your local herald you can try the alt.heraldry.sca newsgroup. I've gotten lots of good advice there. There is also a MidRealm specific heraldry list that will help you out.

      If you are going this route, I would recommend both of them at this point. :)

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
        On Saturday 06 September 2003 13:22, Dave & Megan wrote:
        > Contact your Kingdom Seneschal. S/He will have the information for the
        > current seneschal and be able to point you in the right direction. :)

        I can help! I'm the Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal, and I'm
        the person who maintains the online and printed listings of groups.

        Look here for the information you need:

        http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/#Northshield

        Welcome to the SCA!

        Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      • Moira
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
          I'll have to do this, I emailed the senechal for my kingdom, and haven't
          recieved a message.
          It's only been three days, so I'll be patient a bit longer. It's a mite
          frustrating though.

          Meredyth
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
            Meredyth wrote:
            >. . .(I'm in Meridies). . .(I'm Shire of Dragonfly Marsh) but the url for the page says it no longer exists.

            Your kingdom's chatelaine <mailto:chatelaine@...> is there to help. She should be able to put you in touch with your local group.

            In the meantime, the calendar on your kingdom's webpage <http://meridies.org/calendar.htm> should tell you of at least the big events in your area.

            Coblaith
            <mailto:Athterath@...>
          • sca_celt
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
              Greetings from Mistess Rayne - Meridies

              I am so sorry that you have not been contacted yet, but allow
              me to assist.

              Dragonfly Marsh is part of the Consortium of the Southern Marches.
              Here is their webpage.

              http://www.geocities.com/consortium2/

              The home telephone number for the Seneschale of Dragonfly Marsh is
              listed on the above webpage under Consortium Shires. There is also
              a direct email for her. The current Seneschale is THLady Kathryn
              of Lindsey.

              Meridies has a eGroup (like this one) on Yahoo. Located at:

              Post message: meridian-ty@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: meridian-ty-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              If you need any other help in anyway, please contact me directly at
              SCA@...

              Rayne