RE: [SCA Newcomers] Greetings and, help please?

  • Kaleyna
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2003
      Hi Meredyth,

      Contact someone at your Kingdom's website. Also, are you close to any other
      areas? Any Barony? Contact them. Tell them your situation and ask for
      suggestions. They might know exactly what's going on with your Shire and
      know how you can either contact them or if there is another close by group
      you can join, etc.

      Kathy

      Kathy Laski
      Windermere Real Estate Company
      (206) 817-5372
      <mailto:KathyL@...> KathyL@...

      Search the largest database of listings in the West:
      <http://kathylaski.mywindermere.com/> http://kathylaski.mywindermere.com

    • Dave & Megan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2003
        Contact your Kingdom Seneschal. S/He will have the information for the current seneschal and be able to point you in the right direction. :)

        .
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2003
          Thirdly, my father has done a geneology, and there is a crest that is
          for the Rongion family. The name has been changed to Runyon or
          Runyan in the US. Is it appropriate for me to use that crest?

          Specifically to this point. Unless you are the legal owner or heir to this crest, you don't have the heraldic right to display it. Regardless of what those shops in malls tell you it doesn't belong to the "family" it belongs to (a) specific person(s) within the family. You would be better off speaking with your local herald about creating a device of your own. Alternatively if you have some ideas and cannot contact your local herald you can try the alt.heraldry.sca newsgroup. I've gotten lots of good advice there. There is also a MidRealm specific heraldry list that will help you out.

          If you are going this route, I would recommend both of them at this point. :)

        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
            On Saturday 06 September 2003 13:22, Dave & Megan wrote:
            > Contact your Kingdom Seneschal. S/He will have the information for the
            > current seneschal and be able to point you in the right direction. :)

            I can help! I'm the Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal, and I'm
            the person who maintains the online and printed listings of groups.

            Look here for the information you need:

            http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/#Northshield

            Welcome to the SCA!

            Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom Seneschal

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          • Moira
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
              I'll have to do this, I emailed the senechal for my kingdom, and haven't
              recieved a message.
              It's only been three days, so I'll be patient a bit longer. It's a mite
              frustrating though.

            • athterath@HotPOP.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
                Meredyth wrote:
                >. . .(I'm in Meridies). . .(I'm Shire of Dragonfly Marsh) but the url for the page says it no longer exists.

                Your kingdom's chatelaine <mailto:chatelaine@...> is there to help. She should be able to put you in touch with your local group.

                In the meantime, the calendar on your kingdom's webpage <http://meridies.org/calendar.htm> should tell you of at least the big events in your area.

                Coblaith
                <mailto:Athterath@...>
              • sca_celt
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
                  Greetings from Mistess Rayne - Meridies

                  I am so sorry that you have not been contacted yet, but allow
                  me to assist.

                  Dragonfly Marsh is part of the Consortium of the Southern Marches.
                  Here is their webpage.

                  http://www.geocities.com/consortium2/

                  The home telephone number for the Seneschale of Dragonfly Marsh is
                  listed on the above webpage under Consortium Shires. There is also
                  a direct email for her. The current Seneschale is THLady Kathryn
                  of Lindsey.

                  Meridies has a eGroup (like this one) on Yahoo. Located at:

                  Post message: meridian-ty@yahoogroups.com
                  Subscribe: meridian-ty-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  If you need any other help in anyway, please contact me directly at
                  SCA@...

                  Rayne