Pagans? Religion?

  • Omar Bailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      >Oh, and I know that Eastern Europe was the last area to be Christianized,
      >and
      >some of them were still pagan (Lithuania, I think) in the 13th century, so
      >if
      >you want to be a historically accurate practicing pagan, head for Eastern
      >Europe...
      >
      >Brangwayna Morgan

      Are we talking about pagans, as in (from the christian view) anyone who
      didnt follow their religion or another one of the book (such as jews or
      muslims)... or are we talking about the horde of insta-pagans who are using
      religion to 'rebel' against society.. dont have any actual beliefs which are
      close to most 'pagan' religions.. and so just call themselves pagan without
      actually knowing anything.

      If I were a roman, I would have a "pagan" religion. I would probably
      worship a few roman gods. My persona is a Byzantine Arab. I could be
      Christian, Muslim, or any host of 'hold over' "pagan" religions.

      How do you define a practicing 'pagan', when it really isnt a religion in of
      itself. Its a catchall phrase, depending on your orientation.

      But, in the end, why does any of this matter at all? Religion, both mundane
      and within the society, should be something that is private or at least not
      announced to the world. It doesnt matter what faith you follow, or if you
      follow any. Research your persona, find out what was done and what is
      'common' for what you are playing, and be done with it. Trust me.. no one
      is really going to care what religion you follow. We cant burn you for
      being 'pagan', the 'church' wont support you for being christian, and there
      will be no wars to convert the infadels.

      New people have so much more to worry about as opposed to what religion they
      follow.. lets get back to that, K?

      Omar

      MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup