Notice from Moderators

  • Kathy Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2003
      This is a reminder that this group is here to serve persons new to
      the Society for Creative Anachronism and those interested in joining.
      Posts such as the recent one directing persons to an indentity
      scavenging program are not permitted and three posts relating to the
      site have been deleted to avoid any further possible inadvertent
      exposure.

      All posts should relate to newcomers to the SCA and off topic posts
      should be kept to a strict minimum. Persons who do not abide will be
      warned and might be banned from further posting.
      At one point in the past, we had to go to moderating all postings but
      we sure hope that won't be necessary this time. (It can really get to
      be a pain for us and annoying for all of you!)

      Sorry for the negative type note - back to the fun!!
      Kathryn
    • lilolondonnowoeoforwic
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
        Kat luv, perhaps you can moderate just the NEW members.. until they
        post a legitimate missive, that is.

        Then you can remove the moderation restriction on that person once
        they have posted somethin' on topic.
        that is the better alternative than restrictin' membershipp..
        cuz some folks have blank ID and might not know how to fill it up..
        might be new ta yahoo prifiles and computers er sumtin.

        AS fer, restricting topics..
        ya gotta let other medieval posts go thru too..
        the SCA ain't the "be all end all"...
        I know of a wretched fellow in the southern US, that is sayin' nasty
        things like the "SCA is a cult" and stuff, and ya don't want ta give
        him more fuel fer his fire.
        He ain't all that nice anyhoo.
        So I would go easy on that, luv.
        Let folks investigate tha other medieval groups out there.

        Tha gal I share me life wit (no, I ain't queer, she be me other
        persona) is a queen inuther kingdom outside of the SCA, and Augusta
        to a growin' empire, and she moderates an alliance group... it be
        small, but important people in it, from organizations world wide..
        where folks would agree ta "honour" the crown from all organizations,
        and not be elitist, they'd go ta other folks events, they joust, do
        live steel, and REALLY do live history the way the garb & armour was
        historically, and they all talk openly about thar groups and stuff.
        A reall alliance network.
        Fer instance..
        if a "crown" from tha SCA came ta one of our events, we'd still
        honour them and their title..
        if a crown from these other groups attended and SCA event, that
        wouldn't happen. They might even be looked down upon. TRUE.. I've
        seen it meself and heard it from others.

        So what I wanted ta say wuz, yeah, no body wants SPAM, we all hate it,
        recruiting is impolite, and pornbots are just plain nasty,
        so moderate the unknown member,
        but some things are good ta be shared.

        I, fer one, will go ta any event anyone has.. SCA or LUTES or any
        other... if'n I had the ability ta travel other than locally.
        But jus' so's ya know, LUTES is definitely SCA friendly, and won't
        tolerate any "malicious" raggin' of SCAdian members...

        If'n any SCA folks want ta learn more about other groups, they cin
        join the alliance, it's free and only a round table fer discussion..
        it be called
        the Confederation of Medieval Kingdoms... (COMK)
        and yeah, ya do hafta respect ALL crowns in tha place... don't matter
        if they be LUTES, CSA, SCA, MARS, Vinland, AAF, Adrian, er whatever
        else they have in thar.

        here's tha link:

        I think ya have a wonderful group right here doin' good stuff ta help
        people, and I jus' sorry I don't have tha time ta read all yer
        missives ands tuff..
        like I said,
        the "other me" is very busy runnin' an empire and tryin' ta have a
        life and stufff.

        but so's ya know.. we moderate newbies in SCAclub, Pirate of
        Aergallon and LUTES_Tavern, COMK, etc etc and the nasty SPAM doesn't
        gits past us!

        Try it dear. I know it be a pain in tha patootie, but it be worth it,
        I tink.

        God bless ya hun,
        CHEERS!
        yer friends,