Re: [SCA Newcomers] persona advice

  • Hannah Blake
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      Greetings!

      I hope you don't mind, but I've forwarded your post to my Shire's
      Chatelaine, Lady Violante de Sant Sebastian. She's quite the expert on
      Moorish Spain and *loves* to share her interest with others! (She did a
      major sales plug for it when the focus of our newcomers' meeting was
      "personas"--she's always looking for converts. <grin>) She's done a LOT of
      research on clothing for that time and place, and has taught on the subject.
      Hopefully, she'll be able to point you toward a few resources.

      Good luck with your research!

      Peace,
      Grainne <--stubbornly developing her Irish persona, despite Violante's best
      Moorish Spain sales pitch :)
      Shire of Roxbury Mill, Atlantia

      >From: JEFFREY NUSBAUM <fantasyfan1968@...>
      >Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:56:14 -0700 (PDT)

      >I am currently considering a Moorish persona, or a Spaniard from the
      >Moorish period (probably about AD 750 or so - I really don't want to deal
      >with the whole idea of the reconquista). Have found some info on names and
      >the like, but not much yet on dress or customs. I guess what I'm looking
      >for is the little things I could do while in persona to rflect the
      >uniqueness of the culture.
      >
      >Any ideas as to sources would be appreciated.

    • JEFFREY NUSBAUM
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
        I don't mind at all. Forward away to anybody who might be able to help. Note that web resources will be extremely helpful. Our local library system doesn't have any good sources, and it's not easy for me to get access to the local college and university stacks.

        Jeff