New to SCA

  • athariannorthkeep
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 27, 2003
      I've just recently heard of the SCA through some friends. I am
      hoping to get very active within it, but only time will tell. I
      will be visiting my first fight practice in a week. Otherwise, I
      seem to be going full tilt with brain storms though. hope they keep
      up. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. And also, I can't help
      but point out the irony of such heavy discussion on an organization
      focused on Medieval and Renaissance through such a mundane source.:-D

      Atharian of Northkeep
    • Kyla
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 5, 2009
        Way to go Judith!
        Excellent answer - very well put!

        Anyone who is unsure of which SCA Kingdom/barony/shire/canton/region they
        are in can use this website to locate their nearest group.

        The Society website: http://www.sca.org/ also has lots of other information
        for newcomers, look on the upper right hand corner for links labeled 'Advice
        for Newcomers', 'About the SCA', 'Find Your Local Group' and 'Activities'.

        Enjoy!

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands
        Middle Kingdom