Re: Name help

  • Iluve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
      Excellent, thank you very much! And thanks also for the welcome! :)
      I'm off to go searching through that library! ;)

      *excited*

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "megrimulf" <megrimulf@y...>
      wrote:
      > Greetings! First of all, welcome the Society!
      >
      > My favorite place (and the favorite of many on this list, I dare
      say)
      > for names is the Academy of St. Gabriel at http://www.s-gabriel.org
      > They are currently on a well-deserved vacation, and their library is
      > apparently being reorganized, so the library links are currently
      > routed to http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/
      > Lots of great stuff!
      >
      > Grímólfr
      >
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Iluve" <iluvegreenleaf@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hello all! I'm completely new to the world of the sca, and am
      > > currently thinking of names that may be appropriate. I have done
      > some
      > > online research into both given names & bynames, and so far my
      > > favourite combination is Amicia Cavendish. Any thoughts? Or would
      > it
      > > be better to be Amecia of ....... (enter place name)? Also- I
      > gather
      > > that some kind of documentation is needed to prove that these
      names
      > > were indeed used at the time. Where would one go about finding
      such
      > > books- the library, perhaps? I don't suppose an 'offical type'
      (ie:
      > > museum , university) website is enough, is it?
      > >
      > > Thanx in advance!
    • Kynda
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2003
        Oh dont listen to Grímólfr, he is jsut a CRAZY viking, trying to find
        some good viking lady to pillage! :)
        ~K
      • dontwait4themessiah
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 21, 2003
          What?! Grim, you're being a crazy Viking without me?!

          Morag (who really must get a norse name of her own)

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kynda" <deajavu@a...> wrote:
          > Oh dont listen to Grímólfr, he is jsut a CRAZY viking, trying to find
          > some good viking lady to pillage! :)
          > ~K
        • megrimulf
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 22, 2003
            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, dontwait4themessiah
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > What?! Grim, you're being a crazy Viking without me?!

            Um... no, never... not me. *tries to look innocent; fails miserably*

            > Morag (who really must get a norse name of her own)

            A fine Norse woman's name for you, eh? I'm kinda partial to
            Þjóðgerðr. But that's largely because it can be fun to watch heralds
            turn purple. hehehe >:) And yes, I _CAN_ pronounce it, thank you
            very much :D

            > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kynda" <deajavu@a...> wrote:
            > > Oh dont listen to Grímólfr, he is jsut a CRAZY viking, trying to
            find
            > > some good viking lady to pillage! :)
            > > ~K

            Oops, sorry, Kyna... your post slipped by me. So, you're saying
            these are _bad_ things? hehe

            --Grímólfr