Suggestions welcome!

  • Kaleyna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      A friend who is interested in doing SCA thigns as well came over tonight and we tried to do some research for our personas. So far she has decided she wants to be from Spain and probably a female merchant (widowed) She's still debating time period. She loves watching the rapiers and might want to try her hand at them so I suggested sometime in the 1500's. She's still trying to decide on time, what kind of merchant, and name, etc.

      I know for sure I want a British Isles country, most probably England (though maybe Wales) I am thinking only child of a nobleman and who's mother died when I was young. (I am also probably a widow since I'm not a youngin' anymore and would either be a widow or an old maid! :) )or same scenario with a sea captain dad since my dad was a sea captain. I grew up in Southampton in Suffolk County in New York State so I'm thinking of those areas of England for location. I'm really torn for time period so I'm still working on that. Sometime between 1100-1600 (nice wide range there!) I'm sort of drawn to the whole 'Robin Hood' time but also the whole knighthood time and also the courtly Elizabethan time. (As well as other time periods but I'm trying to control myself. :) ) No idea for name yet.

      Any suggestions for online resources (or personal suggestions) for those scenarios?

      Thanks so much for any ideas.

      Kathy