Re: [SCA Newcomers] Gifts for longtime SCA members

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
      On Thursday 05 June 2003 13:44, linda & lyle wrote:
      > Jessi, instead put the honey in a pottery jar with the cone in it. Then
      > decorate it with the material for that time period.

      To give it an additional personal flair: There are places where you can
      buy "home grown" honey from local beekeepers. And you could purchase a
      hand-made pottery jar at an SCA event. Some potters will even make pottery
      with a custom design, such as a monogram or personal arms, on it, if you
      want to go that far.

      fesswise reversed sable.

    • Jessi King-Markham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
        Hi-

        Thanks for the advice. I found a local place that is selling honey and I ordered a wood box online. I am going to stain the box and place a blackwork band around the center. I am having my mother-in-law caligraphy my letter and I hope to have it shipped out in the next week or so.

        Again, thanks for the suggestion. It is exactly what I wanted.

        Jessi