Re: [SCA Newcomers] Gifts for longtime SCA members

  • Dave & Megan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
      That would depend on what your skills are. You could do some embroidery, or basket making...does she have a rank that you could put together an award medallion for?...If all else fails, you could always buy her fabric that is appropriate to her time period.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
        Jessi, instead put the honey in a pottery jar with the cone in it. Then decorate it with the material for that time period.
[...]

      • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
          On Thursday 05 June 2003 13:44, linda & lyle wrote:
          > Jessi, instead put the honey in a pottery jar with the cone in it. Then
          > decorate it with the material for that time period.

          To give it an additional personal flair: There are places where you can
          buy "home grown" honey from local beekeepers. And you could purchase a
          hand-made pottery jar at an SCA event. Some potters will even make pottery
          with a custom design, such as a monogram or personal arms, on it, if you
          want to go that far.

          fesswise reversed sable.

        • Jessi King-Markham
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
            Hi-

            Thanks for the advice. I found a local place that is selling honey and I ordered a wood box online. I am going to stain the box and place a blackwork band around the center. I am having my mother-in-law caligraphy my letter and I hope to have it shipped out in the next week or so.

            Again, thanks for the suggestion. It is exactly what I wanted.

            Jessi