Fwd: Chewing the fat

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2003
      From the thread we had the other day about origin of English phrases.
      I was curious enough about this to do some further research. My own
      dictionaries of word history didn't have anything interesting, and the
      Internet had numerous theories but nothing authoritative.

      So I asked for help from my lady wife, Milica, who is a librarian in the
      modern world. Here's what she had to say: