Gifts for longtime SCA members

  • Jessi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2003
      Hi-

      I was reading through some more stuff on Elizabethan life (my
      period). It states that people would give gifts either to grant
      themselves favor at a later date or receive them for doing favors. I
      have a friend who has helped me out more than I ever thought possible
      and I want to send her a favor with a note like the Elizabethan's
      did. My problem is the favors I have read were typical are things
      like ale, mead, wine, honey, and clothing articles. She's early
      Italian ren and I don't know the costuming. She doesn't drink and
      honey seems a little silly to me when it is mass produced now. There
      is a "home-made" theme about the gifts. Anyway, I was wondering what
      others might think is a nice gift that has an SCA theme to it. She's
      been a member for many, many years.

      Thanks for any imput or ideas,

      Odillia Marguerite du Parc
      Shire of Rivenwood Tower