Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 374

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      In a message dated 6/2/2003 7:55:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > I was wearing a professionally made (because I can't sew clothing to
      > save my life) overdress of navy blue patterned in gold fleur-de-lis.
      > More likely, though, you'd stand a chance of remembering my husband; did
      > you happen to spot a tall, goodlooking red-haired man in black tights and
      > a white shirt? ;)

      Actually, I remember seeing you in that gown. It's one of the few I like
      from that catalog :-). If that one isn't cotton, you may want to look into some
      of the SCA merchants who sell 100% cotton and 100% linen clothes; they will be
      cooler than a poly blend.

      > It would be nice to meet up at Landsknecht.

      Look for a large oval pavilion with two silk banners outside it - one will be
      alternating diamonds of black and white with a gold upside-down "V" (called a
      chevron) on it, and the other will be blue and white interlocking bell shapes
      with a black pavilion on it. That will be my and my husband's tent. I don't
      think I know Plunder by name, but would likely recognize the person on sight.

      Brangwayna