Re: [SCA Newcomers] New to the shire of ile of the sleeping dragon (montreal)

  • william sharpknight
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      Lady Brangwayna,

      I would like to thank you for your wise advice and will take it to hart.

      Kind Regards,

      William

      bronwynmgn@... wrote:
      In a message dated 5/26/2003 8:44:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > I am new to all this. I will be going at the weekly meeting on
      > tuesdays held in the ile. If anyone is willing to help me out and
      > direct me i would appreciate that. I have always had a pation for
      > swords. I think i am going to need to buy one for practices. Any how
      > send me an email on any thing you find helpfull.
      >
      > Kind regards,
      >
      > Lord William SharpKnight

      Greetings, William!
      You'll notice I didn't greet you as "Lord William". As you are new, you
      won't know this yet, but the title of "lord" is one that you must earn in the
      SCA. The first award one usually receives is called an Award of Arms, and is
      essentially for being active, helping out, and such things; when you receive
      that, then you have earned the title of "lord". Until then, you are just
      William, or whatever SCA name you choose. I assume your real name is William
      Sharpknight? What a neat name.
      Most people actually make their own swords. Rattan is fairly easy to work,
      but it's best to have someone experienced teach you how to do it.

      Welcome,
      Lady Brangwayna Morgan

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor