Name to register *please HELP*

  • Just Call me Drakes :o)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2003
      Hello everyone.
      I am not "master in the art of SCAdian language" yet so please bear
      with me :oD

      I want to register a name, but I am having a very hard time figuring
      out how to do it. Let me explain.

      I can trace my family back to Spain from my great grandfather back.
      So I wanted to incorporate some of that.
      I can also trace my heart to Scotland (long spiritual story), and
      even though I can't trace any actual heritage back to there, I still
      want to incorporate some of that, too.

      My idea was, the Crussaded. A friend mentioned that if my persona
      was between 900 and late 1200s or 1300s, that I could get away with
      somehow mixing the 2.

      I was thinking that maybe my father (spanish merchant or something)
      could have taken my mother from Scotland and brought her to Spain,
      where I was born.

      I was thinking of using the celtic name Yssbel (close in
      pronounciation to the spanish name Isabel) as my first name, and
      using "of Catalunya" or something like that as my "last name", since
      that is where my family originates from.

      I heard that back then races didn't mix, but I don't believe this.
      Besides, the persona is a "made up" person from that era, not
      someone that actually existed, so why can't I do that.

      I could have gone just Celtic to represent my love of celtic things,
      or I cold have gone just Spanish due to family history. Why I want
      both? Well, I want my persona to reflect who I am now. Who I look
      like, and frankly, I am so racially mixed, I couldn't be one or the
      other, and I do have a Spanish accent in English, and I can speak
      fluent spanish, too. It is who I am, but I don't want to deny myself
      the things that I love in my heart also.

      Any clues, Ideas that I could use to justify my name in my
      application, or proof of it, sugestions, ANYTHING, would be greatly
      appreciated.

      I am in the process of moving, and don't have my research with me to
      tell you exactly where and how I found the name Yssbel, but give me
      another week or 2 and I shall be "happening" at the new place :o)

      Thank you all in advanced.

      Drakes~~just a wench for now :oD
    • Just Call me Drakes :o)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2003
          Personal belief is that it might be a more believeable story for your
          dad to be traveling through Spain and meeting you mother there.

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Just Call me Drakes :o)"

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2003
            Not as "romantic" though :oD hehe
            Thanks for the sugestion though, its something to think about for
            sure.

            ~Drakes.

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...>