Re: [SCA Newcomers] Deciding on a time period

  • authoressmeow@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2003
      I just got back from the thrift store and found something amazing there. I
      just have to remove the zipper from this dress and it is a perfect upper-class
      tudor, I am so happy to. I am going to work on that right now, I will have my
      first peice of garb by lunch time.
      Rebekah Murray of the Outlands.

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2003
        On Tuesday 27 May 2003 11:33, authoressmeow@... wrote:
        > I just got back from the thrift store and found something amazing there. I
        > just have to remove the zipper from this dress and it is a perfect
        > upper-class tudor, I am so happy to. I am going to work on that right now,
        > I will have my first peice of garb by lunch time.

        Wow! You're a lucky lady indeed!

        You could leave the zipper in and say that you're doing "late 20th century
        North American Tudor" as your period of study. [GRIN]

        fesswise reversed sable.

      • authoressmeow@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2003
          lol, nope I am going to do this right. It is even the colors of my choice.
          Rebekah Murray

        • dontwait4themessiah
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2003
            Thrift stores/Op-shops are brilliant for picking up little- and not
            so little things. Most of my feasting gear, my feast basket, my
            dress tunic and 5m of stunning green velvet for my new dress all
            came fro the St. Vincent de Paul down the road.
            It really pays to keep your eyes open, as most SCAdians will attest.

            Vivere, Amore, Discere,
            Morag the Barde