Re: Good Morrow!

  • merean
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      > --- Rebekah Friis <authoress_meow@y...> wrote:
      > > Memorial day approches. I am from the Outlands and
      > > I will attend Grand Outlandish XXX. What should I
      > > bring to this event?

      Welcome!

      Having attended this excellent event last year (though I actually
      come from Ansteorra), I can recommend a few things to take outside of
      the usual necessities.

      Sunscreen most of all. Though it does not get hot, the sun will bake
      you quite easily.
      Plenty of blankets. At night it gets extremely cold. On that note,
      bring a cloak so when you travel to the various encampments for
      dancing, drumming, bardic, and all else you won't freeze.
      Toilet paper. It's always nice to have your own roll just in case
      the privy lacks this resource.
      One gallon jug of water to keep in your tent to do a little cleansing
      of the body if you wish (i.e. brush teeth).
      Money for the many wonderful merchants that attend.

      Hopefully others will come up with a few tips as well.

      I'll be heading to Warlord XXX, so I'll be packing the same
      things...though fewer blankets in this Ansteorran heat.

      Enjoy the event!
      Merean verch Madyn