Re: [SCA Newcomers] Good Morrow!

  • Jane Allard Gray
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      > good site I found to help you with your first SCA
      > camping event:
      > http://poet.minstrel.com/nordskogen/scacamp101.pdf

      My apologies... I just realized this is an Adobe
      Acrobat file. Here's one that is not:

      http://www.minstrel.com/nordskogen/sca_camping_101.htm

      Ariadne

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • merean
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        > --- Rebekah Friis <authoress_meow@y...> wrote:
        > > Memorial day approches. I am from the Outlands and
        > > I will attend Grand Outlandish XXX. What should I
        > > bring to this event?

        Welcome!

        Having attended this excellent event last year (though I actually
        come from Ansteorra), I can recommend a few things to take outside of
        the usual necessities.

        Sunscreen most of all. Though it does not get hot, the sun will bake
        you quite easily.
        Plenty of blankets. At night it gets extremely cold. On that note,
        bring a cloak so when you travel to the various encampments for
        dancing, drumming, bardic, and all else you won't freeze.
        Toilet paper. It's always nice to have your own roll just in case
        the privy lacks this resource.
        One gallon jug of water to keep in your tent to do a little cleansing
        of the body if you wish (i.e. brush teeth).
        Money for the many wonderful merchants that attend.

        Hopefully others will come up with a few tips as well.

        I'll be heading to Warlord XXX, so I'll be packing the same
        things...though fewer blankets in this Ansteorran heat.

        Enjoy the event!
        Merean verch Madyn