Good Morrow!

  • Rebekah Friis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      Tis my honor to Introduce myself as Rebekah Murray. I wish to join SCA but I do not have adobe acrobat. Could some one transfer the application to word? I have been hunting for a group like SCA for a very long time. For several years I have been drawn to the Tudor era. I was lucky enough to stop by my local park and find an Event in Progress. Sadly I could not stay... However my excitement builds as Memorial day approches. I am from the Outlands and I will attend Grand Outlandish XXX. What should I bring to this event?

      Thanks and Halloo,

      Rebekah

      Rebekah Friis a.ka. Rebekah Murray Weaver of Words and Beads Bard # 356

    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        On Thursday 01 May 2003 13:45, Rebekah Friis wrote:
        > Tis my honor to Introduce myself as Rebekah Murray. I wish to join SCA but
        > I do not have adobe acrobat. Could some one transfer the application to
        > word?

        That translation isn't really practical, because Acrobat is a page layout
        format and Word is a document format. The Acrobat reader is a free download,
        though, for Linux, OS/2, Macintosh, and even Windows. Is there any reason not
        to just download and install the reader? http://www.adobe.com/

        Alternative #1 would be to send me (off-list, to protect your privacy) your
        postal address, and I'll print and mail a form for you.

        Alternative #2 would be to wait a couple of weeks. The SCA web team is working
        on having an online form to purchase memberships. It's almost done, and they
        are in final testing, so hopefully it will be online in the next few weeks.

        Welcome, and let me know if I can be of help.

        fesswise reversed sable.

      • Jane Allard Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2003
          --- Rebekah Friis <authoress_meow@...> wrote:
          > Memorial day approches. I am from the Outlands and
          > I will attend Grand Outlandish XXX. What should I
          > bring to this event?

          Welcome, Rebekah! I am in the Outlands as well
          (Denver) but will not be attending Outlandish.
          Instead I'll be at Crossroads that weekend. Here's a
          good site I found to help you with your first SCA
          camping event:
          http://poet.minstrel.com/nordskogen/scacamp101.pdf

          Hope you have a wonderful time!

          Ariadne Kallista Anastacios

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Jane Allard Gray
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2003
            > good site I found to help you with your first SCA
            > camping event:
            > http://poet.minstrel.com/nordskogen/scacamp101.pdf

            My apologies... I just realized this is an Adobe
            Acrobat file. Here's one that is not:

            http://www.minstrel.com/nordskogen/sca_camping_101.htm

            Ariadne

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • merean
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2003
              > --- Rebekah Friis <authoress_meow@y...> wrote:
              > > Memorial day approches. I am from the Outlands and
              > > I will attend Grand Outlandish XXX. What should I
              > > bring to this event?

              Welcome!

              Having attended this excellent event last year (though I actually
              come from Ansteorra), I can recommend a few things to take outside of
              the usual necessities.

              Sunscreen most of all. Though it does not get hot, the sun will bake
              you quite easily.
              Plenty of blankets. At night it gets extremely cold. On that note,
              bring a cloak so when you travel to the various encampments for
              dancing, drumming, bardic, and all else you won't freeze.
              Toilet paper. It's always nice to have your own roll just in case
              the privy lacks this resource.
              One gallon jug of water to keep in your tent to do a little cleansing
              of the body if you wish (i.e. brush teeth).
              Money for the many wonderful merchants that attend.

              Hopefully others will come up with a few tips as well.

              I'll be heading to Warlord XXX, so I'll be packing the same
              things...though fewer blankets in this Ansteorran heat.

              Enjoy the event!
              Merean verch Madyn