Re: [SCA Newcomers] I got my blue card....

  • R Gray
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
      Go Jack Go! I've been thinking about taking the
      plunge myself and going for my shire's Herald
      position. Our current Herald is only around until we
      find a replacement or until the end of the year,
      whatever comes first, & we have about 6 or so active
      members, most of whom have been in the SCA for 10+ yrs
      but still! Eeeeeeeekkkkk! Am I ready for that kind
      of committment? (Or am I ready to be committed?!)

      Anplica de Spina

      > I've applied for the position of Minister of A&S, in
      > my local chapter.
      > I joined primarily because this is my interest.
      > Since our local group
      > doesn't have an officer, I was at a loss as to how
      > to get in touch
      > with folks regarding A&S.
      >
      > I'm meeting with our Seneschal this evening...
      >
      > Holding my nose, jumping in feet first...
      >
      > Jack Dingler
      > The Shire of Emerald Keep
      > Kingdom of Ansteorra

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • Steve Rourke
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
        Actually The Central Regional A&S Minister in Ansteorra is H.L. Asa
        Hrafnasdottir.

        Dohmnall
        Central Regional Hospitaler & MoAS Canton of Loch Ruadh
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
          Must be a change since the info went into the elusive March edition.

          William

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Rourke"
          <steverourke@c...> wrote:
          > Actually The Central Regional A&S Minister in Ansteorra is H.L. Asa
          > Hrafnasdottir.
          >
          > Dohmnall
          > Central Regional Hospitaler & MoAS Canton of Loch Ruadh
        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
            Come, Come to the dark side young one... (LMHO)

            I was working on that myself (deputy herald-in-training) until
            the "other thing" came up. I thing heraldry, both field and book, is
            a lot of fun. Well, it is something I can fall back on later.

            William

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, R Gray <winterstar74@y...> wrote:
            > Go Jack Go! I've been thinking about taking the
            > plunge myself and going for my shire's Herald
            > position. Our current Herald is only around until we
            > find a replacement or until the end of the year,
            > whatever comes first, & we have about 6 or so active
            > members, most of whom have been in the SCA for 10+ yrs
            > but still! Eeeeeeeekkkkk! Am I ready for that kind
            > of committment? (Or am I ready to be committed?!)
            >
            > Anplica de Spina

          • Steve Rourke
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
              > Must be a change since the info went into the elusive March edition.
              >
              > William

              The change became effective at Coronation in January, but like many things
              it takes time for the chroniclers to make the nessesary changes.

              Dohmnall

              ---
            • R Gray
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 10, 2003
                --- chemistbb3 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > Come, Come to the dark side young one... (LMHO)

                LOL - Well we'll just have to see. Our shire's
                meeting is tonight, & I faxed my application for
                membership yesterday, so there's nothing to stop me
                from becoming one with the dark side (or would that be
                the sable side?). I did find a name for myself, and
                an working on a blazon by myself, so maybe I have what
                it takes.

                Of course, if I become a herald, wouldn't I just HAVE
                to go out shopping for lots of fun books and fabrics
                and other stuff. Hmmmmm...maybe I should do that
                anyways! :)

                Anplica de Spina

                http://tax.yahoo.com