Re: [SCA Newcomers] I got my blue card....

  • Jack Dingler
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
      Thank you very much. I have received my first Black Star, but my wife
      has only allowed me one glance at it so far. :)

      Looks like she's already making arrangements for us to go to Warlord
      XXX. She's having some success sewing her first dress and is getting
      into the spirit.

      Jack Dingler

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > If you haven't gotten a copy of the Black Star, let me know and I'll
      > send you the contact info for your regional Minister of A&S, Lady
      > Julianna Verture and the Kingdom Minister of A&S, Mistress Kasilda
      > Kubasek. They should be able to help you and get you started. Also,
      > if you have any Laurels or Apprentices in your group, they would be a
      > great source of info and help, especially as it would be in their
      > interest for you to succeed.
      >
      > A first step would be to find out what guilds/groups are already
      > organized. Another thing would be to do a survey of who has what
      > skills and what are the interests of the populace. You can work from
      > there.
      >
      > William
      >

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Dingler"
      > <weaseldog2001@y...> wrote:
      > > Ok, thanks for the encouragement. :)
      > >
      > > I've applied for the position of Minister of A&S, in my local
      > chapter.
      > > I joined primarily because this is my interest. Since our local
      > group
      > > doesn't have an officer, I was at a loss as to how to get in touch
      > > with folks regarding A&S.
      > >
      > > I'm meeting with our Seneschal this evening...
      > >
      > > Holding my nose, jumping in feet first...
      > >
      > > Jack Dingler
      > > The Shire of Emerald Keep
      > > Kingdom of Ansteorra
    • R Gray
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
        Go Jack Go! I've been thinking about taking the
        plunge myself and going for my shire's Herald
        position. Our current Herald is only around until we
        find a replacement or until the end of the year,
        whatever comes first, & we have about 6 or so active
        members, most of whom have been in the SCA for 10+ yrs
        but still! Eeeeeeeekkkkk! Am I ready for that kind
        of committment? (Or am I ready to be committed?!)

        Anplica de Spina

        > I've applied for the position of Minister of A&S, in
        > my local chapter.
        > I joined primarily because this is my interest.
        > Since our local group
        > doesn't have an officer, I was at a loss as to how
        > to get in touch
        > with folks regarding A&S.
        >
        > I'm meeting with our Seneschal this evening...
        >
        > Holding my nose, jumping in feet first...
        >
        > Jack Dingler
        > The Shire of Emerald Keep
        > Kingdom of Ansteorra

        http://tax.yahoo.com
      • Steve Rourke
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
          Actually The Central Regional A&S Minister in Ansteorra is H.L. Asa
          Hrafnasdottir.

          Dohmnall
          Central Regional Hospitaler & MoAS Canton of Loch Ruadh
          > If you haven't gotten a copy of the Black Star, let me know and I'll
          > send you the contact info for your regional Minister of A&S, Lady
          > Julianna Verture and the Kingdom Minister of A&S, Mistress Kasilda
          > Kubasek. They should be able to help you and get you started. Also,
          > if you have any Laurels or Apprentices in your group, they would be a
          > great source of info and help, especially as it would be in their
          > interest for you to succeed.
          >
          > A first step would be to find out what guilds/groups are already
          > organized. Another thing would be to do a survey of who has what
          > skills and what are the interests of the populace. You can work from
          > there.
          >
          > William
          >

          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Dingler"
          > <weaseldog2001@y...> wrote:
          > > Ok, thanks for the encouragement. :)
          > >
          > > I've applied for the position of Minister of A&S, in my local
          > chapter.
          > > I joined primarily because this is my interest. Since our local
          > group
          > > doesn't have an officer, I was at a loss as to how to get in touch
          > > with folks regarding A&S.
          > >
          > > I'm meeting with our Seneschal this evening...
          > >
          > > Holding my nose, jumping in feet first...
          > >
          > > Jack Dingler
          > > The Shire of Emerald Keep
          > > Kingdom of Ansteorra

          ---
        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
            Must be a change since the info went into the elusive March edition.

            William

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Rourke"

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
              Come, Come to the dark side young one... (LMHO)

              I was working on that myself (deputy herald-in-training) until
              the "other thing" came up. I thing heraldry, both field and book, is
              a lot of fun. Well, it is something I can fall back on later.

              William

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, R Gray <winterstar74@y...> wrote:
              > Go Jack Go! I've been thinking about taking the
              > plunge myself and going for my shire's Herald
              > position. Our current Herald is only around until we
              > find a replacement or until the end of the year,
              > whatever comes first, & we have about 6 or so active
              > members, most of whom have been in the SCA for 10+ yrs
              > but still! Eeeeeeeekkkkk! Am I ready for that kind
              > of committment? (Or am I ready to be committed?!)
              >
              > Anplica de Spina

            • Steve Rourke
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
                > Must be a change since the info went into the elusive March edition.
                >
                > William

                The change became effective at Coronation in January, but like many things
                it takes time for the chroniclers to make the nessesary changes.

                Dohmnall

                ---
              • R Gray
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 10, 2003
                  --- chemistbb3 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > Come, Come to the dark side young one... (LMHO)

                  LOL - Well we'll just have to see. Our shire's
                  meeting is tonight, & I faxed my application for
                  membership yesterday, so there's nothing to stop me
                  from becoming one with the dark side (or would that be
                  the sable side?). I did find a name for myself, and
                  an working on a blazon by myself, so maybe I have what
                  it takes.

                  Of course, if I become a herald, wouldn't I just HAVE
                  to go out shopping for lots of fun books and fabrics
                  and other stuff. Hmmmmm...maybe I should do that
                  anyways! :)

                  Anplica de Spina

                  http://tax.yahoo.com