Re: [SCA Newcomers] Garbs

  • R Gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
      > I want to make a simple (it looks simple anyway)
      > (irish or italian)
      > overdress , laced over the breasts(or down to the
      > waist) and a
      > chemise under it. I just want a pattern thats
      > understandable and not
      > to expensive

      I have made Simplicity pattern 7756/0637. It was
      pretty easy and not expensive at all. It worked
      moderately wekk for the overdress. I made the mistake
      of trying to change the pattern as a new garb sew-er
      and it didn't work very well. I also used a very thin
      linen and this didn't really work either because it
      was too light weight.

      If you aren't afraid of making your own patterns I
      would recommend http://www.reddawn.net Dawn has
      simple patterns for everything from a bodice to a
      chemise (really easy), to a skirt - and much more!!

      Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

      Anplica de Spina

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • Juliana Foxcroft
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
        http://www.simplicity.com/s2b.htm
        Scroll through until you see Pattern No. 8855. This was one of the first patterns I used - turned out great. I think it has instructions to make the skirt separately, or attached to the bodice. Good luck!
        YIS,
        Juliana Foxcroft
        Ulrika <the_happy_owl@...> wrote:What brand of patterns to buy and where to buy them? Can you help me
        with this?

        I want to make a simple (it looks simple anyway) (irish or italian)
        overdress , laced over the breasts(or down to the waist) and a
        chemise under it. I just want a pattern thats understandable and not
        to expensive

        Please if you know where I can find this on the internet, let me know

        Sincerely, Ulrika swedish newbee

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        JULIANA FOXCROFT

        The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship. --Ralph Waldo Emerson