Garbs

  • Ulrika
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
      What brand of patterns to buy and where to buy them? Can you help me
      with this?

      I want to make a simple (it looks simple anyway) (irish or italian)
      overdress , laced over the breasts(or down to the waist) and a
      chemise under it. I just want a pattern thats understandable and not
      to expensive

      Please if you know where I can find this on the internet, let me know

      Sincerely, Ulrika swedish newbee
    • Ulrika

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
          > I want to make a simple (it looks simple anyway)
          > (irish or italian)
          > overdress , laced over the breasts(or down to the
          > waist) and a
          > chemise under it. I just want a pattern thats
          > understandable and not
          > to expensive

          I have made Simplicity pattern 7756/0637. It was
          pretty easy and not expensive at all. It worked
          moderately wekk for the overdress. I made the mistake
          of trying to change the pattern as a new garb sew-er
          and it didn't work very well. I also used a very thin
          linen and this didn't really work either because it
          was too light weight.

          If you aren't afraid of making your own patterns I
          would recommend http://www.reddawn.net Dawn has
          simple patterns for everything from a bodice to a
          chemise (really easy), to a skirt - and much more!!

          Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

          Anplica de Spina

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • Juliana Foxcroft
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
            http://www.simplicity.com/s2b.htm
            Scroll through until you see Pattern No. 8855. This was one of the first patterns I used - turned out great. I think it has instructions to make the skirt separately, or attached to the bodice. Good luck!
            YIS,
            Juliana Foxcroft
            Ulrika <the_happy_owl@...> wrote:What brand of patterns to buy and where to buy them? Can you help me
            with this?

            I want to make a simple (it looks simple anyway) (irish or italian)
            overdress , laced over the breasts(or down to the waist) and a
            chemise under it. I just want a pattern thats understandable and not
            to expensive

            Please if you know where I can find this on the internet, let me know

            Sincerely, Ulrika swedish newbee

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            JULIANA FOXCROFT

            The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship. --Ralph Waldo Emerson