Pavilion for Sale

  • Sandy King
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18 5:53 PM
      We interrupt your regular list to bring you this
      commercial message...

      Aurthour Augestyne and I have decided to sell our green-and-black
      Panther Pavilion. It's in excellent condition; we're just upgrading
      to a bigger tent.

      If you're interested, you can see all the details at
      http://www.mizzou.edu/~slk340. I'll post a few more pictures to the
      site tomorrow morning.

      And now back to your regularly-scheduled list. Thanks!

      Cassy of Wolf's Rock
      Kingdom of Calontir
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18 8:35 PM
        On Tuesday 18 March 2003 20:53, Sandy King wrote:
        > Cassy of Wolf's Rock
        > Kingdom of Calontir

        Kingdom of Calontir indeed. I notice from your web site that you are from
        the Shire of the Standing Stones. I attended Mizzou from 1981 through 1985,
        though I was not an SCA member at the time. ("Those people are WEIRD. I'm
        not going to hang out with THEM!") (Don't laugh, Mary Henline, it's all
        true! Ask me at a shire meeting if you haven't heard the story.)

        Do you, by chance, know Cieran Macintosh and Etaine nicConnell, also from
        Standing Stones but GAFIAted for about eight years or so? I'm probably
        butchering the spelling of their SCA names, because I mainly know them
        as Matt and Roxie Shaw. Matt and I, plus two other guys, rented a house
        together in college. Roxie was my closest female friend. I introduced
        them in about 1983 and they've been married for about 15 years now. So
        when we get together it's more like a family reunion than a gathering
        of friends.

        In any case, Matt and Roxie are the ones who dragged me, kicking and
        screaming, into the SCA. Pennsic 20 was my first event, and they came through
        Ohio on their way to it and invited me to go along.

        Last year, they broke their eight-year GAFIAtion by returning to Pennsic,
        camping with my household (Erevnite Asteron). They had been thinking about
        dipping their toes back into the SCA, and when they found out I was getting
        birded, that was enough to push them over the edge and back into the water.
        We're hoping they'll at least keep coming back to Pennsic with us.

        I also know Clovis from that area, though he lives in the Midrealm now.
        I've met Endrixos a few times, but don't know him that well. He plays
        in Wyvern Cliff, but I'm sure you know of him.

        Any of these folks happen to be friends of yours?

        Justin

        P.S. For those on the list who are new enough to have not heard of Panther
        Pavilions, I can heartily recommend them. Panther is a family-owned business,
        and having camped in one of their tents for about six years now, and also
        owning one of their dining flies, plus having about 2/3 of our household
        under their tents, I can absolutely say that their quality is excellent.
        They are also incredibly nice people, and very pleasant to deal with.
        Properly erected, a Panther tent will keep you dry in anything short of
        an outright tornado or hurricane. Ours has stood up, without leaking a drop,
        in 55 mph wind gusts. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

        fesswise reversed sable.

      • Sandy King
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18 9:20 PM
          Thanks for the Panther Pavilions endorsement, by the way! It's true,
          our Panther tent has withstood the worst of the Lilies War
          thunderstorms, year after year. Never a drop of water. After one
          particularly bad storm, some of our camp neighbors, all of whom had
          their tents go down in the storm, came over and knocked down our
          torches, just so we'd have something we needed to 'fix.' Our tent
          was untouched in the middle of a sea of destruction!

          FYI for newcomers--part of surviving a storm ~is~ a good tent; but
          the rest is having your tent staked down properly, and, if you don't
          have a round pavilion, making sure you don't have your flat side to
          the prevailing wind.

          Justin, it's nice to chat with someone from MU! I don't know the
          people you mentioned (Etaine sounds familiar, but I'm not sure),
          except for Andrixos. He's a Laurel now, still a Latin teacher
          mundanely, and is a merchant in the SCA. He sells trim for medieval
          garb at www.calontirtrim.com.

          Cassy of Wolf's Rock

          http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
          http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
        • Rae
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25 1:03 PM
            > http://www.mizzou.edu/~slk340. I'll post a few more pictures to
            the
            > site tomorrow morning.

            Cassie - when I clicked your link, I got the 404 file not found
            page. :( Just to let you know...

            Rae
          • Richilla de Cardif
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25 1:05 PM
              On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 04:03 PM, Rae wrote:

              > Cassie - when I clicked your link, I got the 404 file not found
              > page.  :(  Just to let you know...

              I'm not Cassie but I ran into the same problem. Try this...
              http://www.mizzou.edu/~slk340

              The original link had a period at the end.

              Richilla de Cardif
              mom to David de Cardif and Jeliana de Cardif

              mka Andi Williams

            • Rae
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 25 1:14 PM
                Ah, much better! Thank you Richilla.

                Rae
              • Cilean
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 25 2:48 PM
                  Hello!

                  We live in the West Kingdom, and we have a Pavilion for sale, complete for $650.00 if you look in the Photos section you will see it is 14 X 12 and is a very nice piece, some wear but no rust or mildew marks.

                  Cilean