Re: [SCA Newcomers] new comer.

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2003
      True enough, you need only show up to play, but with the new Non-
      member surcharge these days, it can be well worth it to actually pay
      for a membership.
      Go to the main SCA web site http://www.sca.org/ and you will see a
      link for Membership. Any level of membership saves you the additional
      $3.00 at each event, but some things such as holding office, need the
      Sustaining level of membership. That is what I have. The newsletter
      for your Kingdom is included at that level.
      You already got a great contact to locate your local groups. If you
      haven't played in the SCA yet, you might want to look through some of
      the past posts (there is a nice search function) for other messages
      about getting started. But that is what this group is all about, so
      feel free to ask any questions!
      Kathryn