Brand New Question

  • Mickey Loft
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
      Boy that is a hard one. There are a few things that can happen to help to
      make them worry a bit less. Do you have a cell phone? YOu can bring it. Set
      times you will call them while at an event. Bring them to a meeting. Also
      you may want to point out a number of these member are not single young men.
      we have a them, but we also have married folks who bring their children. We
      have older folks that bring thier grandchildren.

      But making some commitments of checking in with your parents at set times on
      the phone. Letting them call you. Having them have all the contact
      information for the event site, including the atuocrat as well as any local
      law enforcment numbers. I know this seems extreem. But if you are willing to
      do this It can show a comitment to confort their fears and still not relent
      on your right as an adult to go do something you wish to do.

      I honestly still tell my parents where I am going and how to reach me there.
      And I am married and in my own home. Of course I do it for many reasons.
      Mainly if something happens so someone can reach me if I am at an even that
      is longer then an eveing.

      Other may have another take on this. But you have time. And I think that
      taking it slow and introducing your mother to the group may be a way to make
      them comfortable.

      Just my 2 cents.

      Marressa