Member survey

  • Elise La Plante
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2003
      I was just looking at the immense number of members in this
      group...there are over 500! And I was curious as to which kingdoms
      we hail from. Is there some way we could do a poll, or set up a
      list? It could let us state our kingdom, barony, principality,
      shire, household, etc. (or however detailed we wish to make it).

      For starters, I'm in the Kingdom of the Midrealm, Principality of
      Northshield, Shire of Rockhaven (central Minnesota).

      How about everyone else? Perhaps this will help those who are just
      starting to get interested in the SCA to find a local group!

      In service to the dream,
      Elise La Plante
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2003
        SNIP
        > For starters, I'm in the Kingdom of the Midrealm, Principality of
        > Northshield, Shire of Rockhaven (central Minnesota).
        >
        > How about everyone else? Perhaps this will help those who are just
        > starting to get interested in the SCA to find a local group!
        >
        > In service to the dream,
        > Elise La Plante

        I'm a newcomer, but currently in the Kingdom of Atlantia,
        Barony of Ponte Alto.

        In service,
        Aleyn
      • Holli Hartman
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2003
          Greetings neighbor! I'm just across the Potomac in DC, Barony of
          Storvik, Atlantia. :-)

          --
          =x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=
          Margaret of Hollingford

          mka: Holli Hartman hmhartman@...

          Argent, a fess wavy azure between three pairs of
          holly leaves vert, fructed gules
          =x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=

        • Shmi Skywalker
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2003
            Currently I live in the Barony of Roaring Wastes, and the Canton of
            Brackendelve in the Midrealm. But I'll be moving in late august for
            COLLEGE (yay!) to the East kingdom, to the Barony of Settmour Swamp.
            That's the metro Detroit area and east New Jersey respectively.

            ~elizabeth~
            (okay, i went and fluctuated on the last name =P)
          • Lynne Lowe
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2003
              Hi,
              Alycia Helena d'Alcyone
              Kingdom of the East
              Shire of Iron Bog
              (Southern New Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia)

              --- Elise La Plante <elise_laplante@...> wrote:
              > I was just looking at the immense number of members
              > in this
              > group...there are over 500! And I was curious as to
              > which kingdoms
              > we hail from. Is there some way we could do a poll,
              > or set up a
              > list? It could let us state our kingdom, barony,
              > principality,
              > shire, household, etc. (or however detailed we wish
              > to make it).
              >
              > For starters, I'm in the Kingdom of the Midrealm,
              > Principality of
              > Northshield, Shire of Rockhaven (central Minnesota).
              >
              > How about everyone else? Perhaps this will help
              > those who are just
              > starting to get interested in the SCA to find a
              > local group!
              >
              > In service to the dream,
              > Elise La Plante

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2003
                Most of the regulars on this list already know me, but for the sake of
                completeness of the survey:

                I'm Justin, from the Middle Kingdom (mundanely, northeast Ohio). I'm
                a Chirurgeon, serve in a couple of deputy Seneschal positions at the
                Kingdom level, and am into woodworking, armoring, archery, and heavy
                fighting. Someday I want to be a Herald, but haven't had the time yet.
                I'm learning to sew, but am still a beginner.

                fesswise reversed sable.

              • katfletcher
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 14, 2003
                  Hah!
                  We are near neighbors!! I am in Jararvellir, Principality of
                  Northshield, Midrealm. (Madison, WI, USA)
                  Kathryn

                  > For starters, I'm in the Kingdom of the Midrealm, Principality of
                  > Northshield, Shire of Rockhaven (central Minnesota).
                  >
                  > How about everyone else? Perhaps this will help those who are just
                  > starting to get interested in the SCA to find a local group!
                  >
                  > In service to the dream,
                  > Elise La Plante
                • Elise LaPlante
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 14, 2003
                    > Hah!
                    > We are near neighbors!! I am in Jararvellir, Principality of
                    > Northshield, Midrealm. (Madison, WI, USA)
                    > Kathryn

                    Yes, we practicaly are neighbors! I used to live in Milwaukee when I
                    went to school there (Marquette U), and I've been to Madison a time
                    or two (great arts funding...woo-hoo!).
                    And you are the first person I have met who spells their name the
                    same as me (mundanely, I'm Katie, short for Kathryn); I was named
                    after my Irish grandmother. It's such a unique spelling! :-)
                    I hope to see you around at some Northshield events! Dub-Dub (WW)
                    perhaps? *grins*

                    Elise LaPlante